American - Woodford

Does anyone know anything about this company? They took over from Calyx and since then the royalty checks have been cut in half and last month there wasn't a check at all.

Ann,

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/american-energy---woodford-llc-raises-680-million-to-acquire-a-central-northern-oklahoma-woodford-shale-leasehold-position-of-up-to-200000-net-acres-and-current-production-of-6000-boe-per-day-246851391.html

Clint Liles

Yes they are nothing but a Headache!

So far that's exactly what they've been. There doesn't seem to be any reason for them to stop paying decent royalties even factoring in the low price of oil. Thank you for confirming my thoughts!

Jay Pruitt said:

Yes they are nothing but a Headache!

Are they drilling near your well? They may have shut it in to work on one near it. If they are fracking they will usually shut in close wells until they are done. Or maybe they are 'saving' the oil/gas until prices come back up. Visit the site & look for the pumper & ask what's going on if you can.

My family recently redistributed ownership of minerals in 19, 4E - Section 30 and our attorney sent copies of the new deeds filed in Payne County to American Energy about Oct. 23. He said we should receive division orders and then the new distribution would take effect.

On Nov. 20, I called AEP, and the division order tech told me she couldn't find the copies of the deeds our lawyer had sent and had no info on this transfer, so I emailed her copies. She said AEP was very much behind on transactions they got from Calyx Energy (as ours were) and that their software/bookkeeping wasn't up to the task (not sure what she meant about the software exactly).

She said she'd take care of ours "whenever I'm able to process transfers" - but we have no idea when that will be. If the division orders don't come soon, do we have any recourse to get this to happen? We have a number of family financial matters that are dependent on finalizing this.

Also, my brother found that one of his checks had conflicting info on the attached statement, and that one of his checks wasn't issued. He did get those problems straightened out, and I'm going to go through my papers to check.

Thanks for your help!

AEP/AEW, American Energy-Woodford....our attorney said, "Keep in mind who you're dealing with, and if you decide to sign that lease remember you've been warned, and you've read the newspaper articles of the law suits for non-payment.

Has anyone been south of Stillwater on Hwy 177 & 80th Street West? AEW is reportedly building a nice suite of offices, and behind them, all butted together on same section is Lapshaw (2nd largest privately owned drilling company in the US), and Horizon Drilling. These two drilling companies have nice new offices on 80th Street.

Am I safe in assuming they are working together? It looks like one-stop shopping for oil leases and drilling.

Jodean,

Sounds like a den of snakes...............and probably is.

Clint Liles

Jodean Harris said:

AEP/AEW, American Energy-Woodford....our attorney said, "Keep in mind who you're dealing with, and if you decide to sign that lease remember you've been warned, and you've read the newspaper articles of the law suits for non-payment.

Has anyone been south of Stillwater on Hwy 177 & 80th Street West? AEW is reportedly building a nice suite of offices, and behind them, all butted together on same section is Lapshaw (2nd largest privately owned drilling company in the US), and Horizon Drilling. These two drilling companies have nice new offices on 80th Street.

Am I safe in assuming they are working together? It looks like one-stop shopping for oil leases and drilling.