Amendment to oil, gas, lease

The lessee trying to change my contract. To extend horizonal drilling to 640 acres. Also trying to change PUGH Clause and to changing Continuous Development. Anyone else where the lessee trying to amend contract?

What company are you leased to?

John, that sounds like a pretty radical amendment verging on being a new lease or at least unrecognizable as the old lease. If they want to enlarge the acreage, I would think that the continuous drilling clause would be even more important.

John, in your position I would tell them that that is not an amendment but a new lease and I would await their offer and terms for the new lease.

Pride and Bluestem Energy
richardson said:

What company are you leased to?

The lessee telling me if I do not sign amendment is what the drilling company wants then I will

go to bottom of consideration or planning. The 640 acres is the underground mineral rights so they

can go out 1 or 1 1/2 mile and drill horizontial and if oil discovered would split with other owners

r w kennedy said:

John, that sounds like a pretty radical amendment verging on being a new lease or at least unrecognizable as the old lease. If they want to enlarge the acreage, I would think that the continuous drilling clause would be even more important.

John, in your position I would tell them that that is not an amendment but a new lease and I would await their offer and terms for the new lease.