Allocation RI

I dont have the complete picture of an allocation well, if i understand this right if we have 200 acres on a 1200 acre unit our RI interest wouldn’t necessarily be 1/6. Does it depend on the location of the lateral? Thanks for any info or a yes or no

https://www.energyandthelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/320/2018/02/ALLOCATION-WELL-PRESENTATION-004.pdf. This might be useful reading. The allocation is based upon footage. The royalty is different and is usually 1/8th, 3/16ths, 1/5th, 1/4th, etc. The decimal interest (either DI or RI) is calculated using the different components.

Thanks for info, guess we can expect the shaft from magnolia oil and gas. I saw where someone won a case in Karnes County against ralroad commission claiming railroad had no legal right to grant allocation permit

@dragon, Much more info is needed to help determine what you really have. While you say 200 acres of 1200 acres. That can mean many things. Is this surface acreage, minerals, or both? What does the title/deed say in the county records as far as your percentage of what? What part of the approx two sections is the 200 acres located S/2 N/2, NW/4 and so on? Where is it located, Block #, Section #, Township #, and State which it resides? So many variables that no one can answer your question with any meaning. Until those can be addressed, a reasonable answer is impossible. mk

Its mineral acreage, and i was giving a hypothetical trying to understand allocation wells ( which is a license to steal ) they actually drilled a 1187 acre well, and on the platt it listed all the tracts in Graff 2H (507 acres) of which Graff acreage is 212 ac in the 507 ac unit. So i was wonder why they would list all the tracks on the platt if they are allocating 5 acres out of the listed 507 acres. RI has nothing to do with how many acres they allocated on the unit, they did not allocate 5 acres based on my R. If i understand correctly they base allocation on length of feet through a particular tract. But i have heard that even the footage through your tract isnt allways compatible with acreage allowed in the unit. My royalty only has to with my payment based on percentage and acres in the tract. Which platt stated 5ac out of 507 listed

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.