Agwam Area

Does anyone know if there is anything going on in the Agwam area at 05 07 23 S23 T5 R7?

I have received a couple of lease offers for 10-5-7 in the past month or so, but probably because my 3 yr lease was up in Nov, with no renewal so far.

Unit Petroleum has begun (or about to start) drilling the WEST 1-33HXL in the west half of sections 28 & 33 -5N7W. I have not seen a filed notification of well spud, but the rig has been up about 2 weeks now just on the east side of hwy 81 (in section 33) within a mile of the old Agwam school. Target formation is the Marchand.

Note: Drilling and spacing unit is an irregular 640 acre standup horizontal. (THE IRREGULAR 640-ACRE STANDUP HORIZONTAL DRILLING AND SPACING UNITS ARE HEREBY ESTABLISHED AS THE E/2 SECTION 28 AND E/2 SECTION 33, TOWNSHIP 5 NORTH, RANGE 7 WEST, GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA AND THE W/2 SECTION 28 AND W/2 SECTION 33, TOWNSHIP 5 NORTH, RANGE 7 WEST, GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA.)

Also, Continental has filed a pooling application for section 1-5N-7W. Cause CD # 201606020

198 filed OGL's YTD in 5N-7W

Where do you get your information from? We are new to this, so do we just wait for people to contact us? Didn’t know if we should be worried that they may drill diagonal without us knowing.

https://idocmarket.com/GradyOK/Document/Search - This is where I look for Grady County oil & gas leases filed with the county clerk (use the drop down boxes to refine your search). You can only do a basic search unless you subscribe. A basic search may be all you need unless you want to view the documents.

http://www.occeweb.com/ - Go here to look for applications. You will highlight with your mouse pointer on "Dockets and Agendas" and then click on "Weekly Dockets". A pdf file will open with all of the scheduled hearings for the week. I usually use the find option and type in Grady to quickly run thru scheduled hearings related to Grady County.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx - This is where I look for "Permits to Drill", "Completion Reports", and other documents. Enter 2305N07W in the Legal Location box and click "Search" button to view documents for your section. Form 1000 = Permit to Drill - Form 1002A = Completion Report

http://www.occeweb.com/og/PubAsst/WebRoyaltyOwnersHandbook3-2015.pdf - Royalty owners handbook put out by the fine folks at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

Thank you!!

When they lease something, aren't they supposed to contact everyone that owns the minerals? It's been quite a few years but I have found where my Aunt has signed leases but none of the siblings were contacted or listed on it. Is that normal? Thanks in advanced.

If the other siblings own minerals and were unleased, they should have been contacted. If any of them moved, they have to give a forwarding address to the county clerk. If they were already leased or held by production, they will not be contacted as their earlier lease will hold them.

If they are not in the irregular spaced unit, then they will not be contacted.

Don and anyone else in the area - have you seen anything else going on with the West 1-33HXL recently, such as completion equipment on site? Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

As I remember, the well has been fracked. Eight (8) oil storage tanks have been set. When I drove by on Friday from hwy 81 I could still see a lot of activity at the location, so they may still be installing equipment.

Thanks, Don! I live in Wichita Falls and drove up there back in December when the rig was still up. I haven't made it back up that way since then.

Monday (2/27/2017) when I drove by there was a workover rig on location.

Thanks for the update, Don. Always much appreciated.

The West 1-33XHL completion report was posted yesterday. It was spud in 33-5N-7W and crossed north into 28-5N-7W. Oil test was 413 bpd, so a good well it appears. It's a Marchand (Hoxbar) well. Good news for all of those with minerals in this area.

That is good news! We have interest next door in 27-5N-7W