Affidavit of Heirship form?

Does anyone have a blank Affidavit of Heirship that they would be willing to share?

Thanks

Not the best one but it will work.

2560-AffofHeirship.docx (15.8 KB)

This form is really more of a questionaire. The answers need to be put in the form of a factual narrative. An affidavit is really a statement of facts that a person has personal knowledge of. Also, in Texas, affidavits of heirship are supposed to be signed by disinterested persons.

As I said above, not the best one, but it will work. I believe most states they are supposed to be signed by disinterested persons, however, it is not always possible to have a disinterested person that has enough interest to help out.

I don't know what State SR is from but I am certain this form has been used in Oklahoma on numerous occasions to get people leased and on pay decks.

I certainly agree there are better formats, and I actually have some hidden in some folder on my computer, just can't seem to locate one at the moment.

I did find this fine example of a Texas one though. Make sure to read page 2.

2559-Affidavit_Indian_boy1.pdf (230 KB)

Scott-

Hilarious! Some of my children fit the wild indian description at points in their lives.

I'm saving that one for my collection!!

Scott Pipkin said:

As I said above, not the best one, but it will work. I believe most states they are supposed to be signed by disinterested persons, however, it is not always possible to have a disinterested person that has enough interest to help out.

I don't know what State SR is from but I am certain this form has been used in Oklahoma on numerous occasions to get people leased and on pay decks.

I certainly agree there are better formats, and I actually have some hidden in some folder on my computer, just can't seem to locate one at the moment.

I did find this fine example of a Texas one though. Make sure to read page 2.

HI Scott, I can not open a DOCX file, could you save it as a .DOC file? Thank you. Rod

Scott Pipkin said:

Not the best one but it will work.

See if this works for you Rodney.

2558-AffofHeirship.doc (31 KB)

Thank you and appreciate your help, I was able to view it.

Once this is recorded, what offices of the oil companies should this be sent? Thank you.

Division Order, assuming the well is drilled.

Should another be sent to Payroll?

Division Order Departments are the "payroll" departments for oil companies when it comes to payouts for wells. If it's possible to get in contact with the actual Division Order Analyst in charge of your particular well it could help tremendously. Many times they will work with you and let you know exactly what they need to see to get you put into "pay" status. Others aren't quite so helpful. With big companies such as Chesapeake I have seen one analyst accept documentation that another refused. It can be luck of the draw a little bit.

For the Affidavit of Heirship, the first sentence says "being duly sworn according to law, on oath" My question is who has to administer this swearing in and giving the oath?

Rodney, it is self done in front of the notary, you don't have to say it aloud.