Advice about unclaimed royalties

My Father died in 1992 and he owned 1\6th interest in the Hamm Gossett Praireville (Woodbine) oil Unit #1 I have all the documents . my question is about the mineral interests and royalties. i was never told or contacted about these interests.i found them last december.How can i recover payments for the production between 1993-2020

Start with checking unclaimed property in your father’s state, and the county were the minerals were located.

texas comptroller is how i found out about mineral interest my father had owned. Is there any legal recourse that can recover the 1/6th Interest payments. this well has been active and producing since my fatheers death. do i contact the operator or the oil co. royalty owner relations dept. im just not sure who is the correct person to talk to first. id like to get all the facts before i go to lawyer.

You need to get the title updated into your name in the deed records by recording his probate if there was one. If not, an affidavit of heirship. Then file a claim with the comptroller to get the funds sent to the state and contact the operator and get in pay status. Sometimes operators will go ahead and put you in pay status while you are updating title if you have proof of heirship.

Ok thanks for the info its much appreciated.what about the sales from production between 1993-2020. Also I have a list of abreviated exstended descriptions for other mineral rights etc .Is there a easier way to find these assets instead of this document::DAVID AND KEN PROPERTY LIST FROM M.B.ESTATE CONVEYANCE.pdf (54.9 KB)

It sounds like after your father passed, his account was placed into suspense pending resolution of bringing title up to date. Perhaps they did not receive the Affidavit of Heirship so they never transferred the interest? Or maybe there is another title requirement that needs to be corrected before they will release the funds.

I would start by contacting the operator that sent the funds to the state. Then pull the list of legal descriptions for the other mineral interests. You can check on the Texas Railroad Commission Website to see if there are any other wells producing on the interests. Finally, make sure the documentation in the county where the minerals are located reflect current ownership (via probate or Affidavit of Heirship).

Good luck!

I cannot find a working contact no. For the operator layline energy services I have this no butcant get through just rings I’ve tried for a month. The lease is 02393 located on jesse E. Hendricks survey abstract 299 green lee survey. Does anyone work with or know this operator?

The no.I have that I’ve been trying for month is. 465 4100

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.