Address of Wells

I own a lot in Reeves County town of Pecos. How do I tie that lot address to the Wells. The tax assessors have no clue. However Permain Resources says I am getting paid from that address. But I am not… I am being taxed on my other lot Only

Reeve County CAD shows that Franco Ventura et ux (meaning Franco Ventura and wife) are being taxed on surface tract which is called “Lots 22, 23, 24, 25, Block 12 North Pecos” and is 0.2940 acre. You are taxed on the surface value of the lot. The minerals underlying this tract are included in the King David MIPA Unit which contains 644 acres. There are 5 wells drilled on that unit. You are taxed separately on each well. All 5 wells should be listed on your royalty check from Permian. King David MIPA Unit; King David MIPA 131H; King David MIPA 221H; King David MIPA 132H; and King David MIPA 223H. So you get 6 tax bills - one for surface and 5 for the wells. Here is a link to one of permit plats filed with RRC. You will see that it shows many small lots - https://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/dpimages/img/6200000-6299999//PR0006236959_0001.pdf

2 Likes

You say you are being taxed on only some other plot. If you mean property taxes, it may indicate that you own mineral (oil, gas, etc.) rights but not the land itself.

Just a thought.