Add name to Mineral RIghts

I’d like to add my son’s name to my Mineral Rights as Co-Owner. Must I see an attorney or can I do it someother way?

I don’t think you can without paying some form of tax. You could probably give half of it to your wife, under the one time gift clause, meant to protect family farms and businesses. Possibly you could sell it to him? RWK