Activities in the Barnett Shale Combo

There doesn’t seem to be much happening here anymore - specifically Montague county. Anyone know what’s going on?

I sure hope that is not the case, we just leased our acerage and have gotten a couple of royalty checks. The first one wasn’t too bad, but the one for Sept was lower. Do they stop during the colder temps? Or like you said, maybe not much is happening…

Have they already drilled and have producing wells? I’ve heard that they run the wells hard in the beginning then choke them back, I’m sure so they will produce for 20-30 years. What I meant by not much happening - it seems like there is very little new activity. Especially in Montague County.

3 potential wells were approved about a month ago on one pool and am in the process of signing another lease for another pool - all in Montague County Texas. I expect things will pick up. Be patient, I believe it will happen.

Thanks, where in Montage county are they, if you don’t mind telling me.

The approved wells are about 2 or 3 miles just east of Bowie. I have no idea at this time where the other lease will be. I should know in a few days when I get the new lease papers

Between Bowie/Sunset/Alvord sounds like.

If they just started the production they go through a ‘flush’ time for some time. The production is greater at this time and then usually drops way back. Don’t start spending $ like it’s going to stay the same. You will get yourself in a pickle.

susan reaves said:

I sure hope that is not the case, we just leased our acerage and have gotten a couple of royalty checks. The first one wasn't too bad, but the one for Sept was lower. Do they stop during the colder temps? Or like you said, maybe not much is happening...

Oh, I already know that - but thanks for stating it here for the record - it is very good advice.

Hi Sue. I hope production starts increasing for you soon. I had couple of pieces of property that has been showing a slow down also. I found a group that said they would buy out my lease for 30 x's what my monthly checks were. At the rate of my monthly checks, still going down, I think it might be a good idea. At that rate it would take me over 2 1/2 years to receive that much money. And I could use the lump sum now.

Sue McGuire said:

Oh, I already know that - but thanks for stating it here for the record - it is very good advice.

If that meant selling my mineral rights - that is out of the question - once they are gone, they are gone for ever and I think to sell mineral rights is just not very wise at all.

I have been paid royalty on a vertical gas well for over 12 years. The royalty check is down to a little over $100 a month. I am waiting for the well expenses to exceed the value of production, which it will eventually, and for the opportunity to lease my property. I believe my minerals are worth more in the long run than any amount anyone would pay and I want to pass them on to my children and grandchildren like four previous generations have done.

Kevin Lafferty said:

Hi Sue. I hope production starts increasing for you soon. I had couple of pieces of property that has been showing a slow down also. I found a group that said they would buy out my lease for 30 x's what my monthly checks were. At the rate of my monthly checks, still going down, I think it might be a good idea. At that rate it would take me over 2 1/2 years to receive that much money. And I could use the lump sum now.

Sue McGuire said:

There is the possibility that the vertical wells will be redone horizontally - I know that has been going on in a few places in Montague county - though one in particular was not very successful.

I believe my wells are new and I know they will be horizontal. Some of the reports on other horizontal wells in Montague County have been pretty good by my estimation. Check out this link for production information http://shale.typepad.com/barnettshale/montague-county/

We received a partial release of all the minerals not pooled in the vertical unit. Will the Lessee have to renogotiate with us mineral owners if they get a permit from the RRC and reenter the well to drill horizontally ?
Sue McGuire said:

There is the possibility that the vertical wells will be redone horizontally - I know that has been going on in a few places in Montague county - though one in particular was not very successful.

You should direct this question to an attorney or to Mr. Cotton.

Hopefully one of them will respond.

Sue McGuire said:

You should direct this question to an attorney or to Mr. Cotton.

I suggest going to the landman’s forum and pose your question to Mr. Cotton.

The wellbore belongs to the surface owner when abandoned. If it is still producing, I would think that it has the dominion in effect.