Active oil companys

I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me which companies are currently operating in section 29-7N-7W of Grady County. I am getting lease offers. Can anyone share a map of this region? Section 29-7N-&W Grady County

Welcome to the forum.

Camino Natural Resources is the main player in this township right now. They are actively drilling horizontal wells near you. Todco Properties and a Redbird Energy have filed the most recent leases. One of them is probably working for Camino.

If you have not leased before, it would be wise to get an oil and gas attorney to look at any draft lease as they are not usually in the mineral owner’s favor and need significant edits. Or you can wait for forced pooling which many of us prefer. NEVER hand over a signed lease without getting paid at the same time.

Grady County Map.pdf (434.4 KB)

Looks like Kaiser-Francis took the TODCO oil and gas leases. About 10 or so leases.

1 Like

What is “forced pooling”? And how do you know if forced pooling is being done? Curious if you have an estimated cost of an oil and gas attorney in OKC area and if so do you have any referrals?

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Forced pooling comes when the operator is ready to drill a well but has not been able to contact every mineral owner due to death or change of address or refusal to lease. In order to keep business moving forward, the operator files a case with the OCC to present to a judge for a decision for those folks. If your name and address are correctly filed in the county where your minerals are, then you will receive a mailed notice.

You can look up oil and gas attorneys in the bar association of OK and select oil and gas as a specialty. You may have to go through several names as they may have conflicts of interest depending upon which company you are dealing with. Several good ones post on the forum.

Here is a booklet that you might find helpful.
0_Royalty-Owners-Booklet-112020.pdf (6.8 MB)

I’d call Tyler McKaig at Redbird, he may beat out Todco. Let me know if you want his #.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.