Action in Sec. 24 N5 2W

Have mineral rights, 200 acres, in Sec. 24 N5 2W. The forum has been buzzing as of late. Any action in section 24?

Rick, I moved your question over to Oklahoma Mineral Rights, McClain County so you will be seen by the folks that watch that county.
The previous location was too general and folks may not see it there.
Also, if you flip the section, township and range to the normal format, folks can search to better. 24-5N-2W

There were some very old wells back in the 40’s and 50’s. The Kathy 1-24H well was originally drilled in 2011. It had a spacing order of 600 acres for the Hunton. Looks like it produced until September of 2013. Jerry Scott drilling sold it to Orca Operating Co in 2014. Orca sold it to Magnum Energy in 2016. No production until March of 2017. Sure hope the folks with leases got paid their shut in fees.

Charter Oaks has the Bait Shop 1-24 which applied for a tax rebate back in Aug 2016. Looks like last production was in December of 2017. BP bought a whole bunch of Charter Oaks acreage. Not sure if sec 24 was part of it. Just saw where BP is trying to sell a whole bunch of their Anadarko acreage, so not sure where this section is in that offering, if at all.

Current activity is in Sec 1, 14, 20, 29 and 30.

Thanks Mr. Barnes!!!

Hi Martha,

I sent in an address change to McClain County on my mineral rights in section 24- 5N-2W. How do I go about making sure it was registered with the county?

Also a landman contacted me back in July of 2011 and informed me that my Grandfather purchased the mineral rights, 200 acres in section 24-5N-2W in the 1940’s and he was searching for living family members. How do I go about finding out if my grandfather (Almon Wiest) even had the mineral rights and if myself and other remaining family have a legal right to them. I have a copy of the lease agreement which expired back in 2014 (not sure how to attach it) and I haven’t received and letters from oil companies since then.

I did go on the Oklahoma site it appears there is activity in the section? Seeking advice as to how to proceed.

Thanks,

Rick Ludeman

What is the lessor name (probably your grandfather) at the top of the lease agreement from 2011-14? And what company? I am having trouble finding him on www.okcountyrecords.com. Wanted to make sure I spelled it correctly.

Hi Martha,

My name is at the the top of the lease. Richard A Ludeman. The landman was Terry Felts and his company is I System LLC .Can I attach the lease and a letter that at one point my sister received.

Thanks,

Rick

They would have done a title search in order to lease with you, so you can be pretty sure that you have the mineral rights. Your change of address went through. I can see it on www.okcountyrecords.com

Thanks!!! I’m still learning, but have a ways to go.

Hello my wife and i inherited the mineral rights to section 24 n5 2w and would love any info

24-5N-2W is in McClain County. I moved the thread to McClain. BP took over from Charter Oaks in the area. Magnum Energy as a horizontal well with low production-Kathy 1-24H. Are you getting paid on it?

Hi Martha,

No I’m not.

According to Terry Felts when we signed the lease agreement back in 2011, with his company, I Systems LLC, my two sisters, Katheryn and Sally are heirs and then my Aunt Salonge Wiest and Aunt Sally Cahill. As far as I know none of us are receiving any payments. My grandfather, Almon Wiest, who was suppose to be the original owner of the mineral rights pasted away in the 1980’s and his wife Gertrude pasted in the late 1990’s. None of us knew about the mineral rights. Terry Felts is the one that traced them and found us. When the lease expired he said the test hole came up dry. Any help from you would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

What is the complete legal description on the lease? It should have additional information such as the SW4 of NW4 or something like that.
Who signed the lease agreement? Did each person sign individually?
The Kathy 1-24H was drilled in November of 2011. It was online from 2012-Mar 2013 and then again from March 2017 to at least Feb 2019.
Just checking, we are talking about 24-5N-2W, correct?

Hi Martha,

I think I uploaded the lease and a letter, let me know if you received it ok. We all (the five of us) signed individually.

Thanks,

Rick

Oil lease Oklahma.pdf (86.6 KB) Page 2 Oil Lease.pdf (38.7 KB) Wake Energy.pdf (563.5 KB)

I found a lease for Kathy Ludeman. You original lease was filed in book 2018. Pg 173-174. 8/9/2011. I did find a release of lease for 25-5N-2W. Book 2026 page 484. Note that the section is wrong. A new one was done on 10/11/11 with the correct section. He may have leased you in error. If so, then you may not have rights to the producing wells. He did the same thing for Kathy Ludeman. Sounds like he may not have done his title work properly. I don’t find Almon Wiest even showing up on okcounty records. But they only go back to about 1991.

Hi Martha,

HHHMMMMM? Makes one wonder where Mr. Felts found his information. Must have gone right to the courthouse. My grandfather, Al Wiest was a Shell Oil Executive in the 30’s through the 50’s. Assuming he picked up the mineral rights along the way during his career. Not sure how to proceed or if it’s worth pursuing. Thanks for all your help.

This link gives you 66 courthouses and name search capability but records may be limited to certain dates: https://okcountyrecords.com/search/all

For other counties:

Caddo County — (405) 247 – 6609 Canadian County– Search Cleveland County Clerk — Search Creek County– Search Garfield County, 580.237.0226 Search from 1990 Assessor Grady County (405) 224-7388 Search Subscription Based Oklahoma County —Search Payne County —Search Pottawatomie County– Search Rogers County Clerk Jeanne M. Heidlage (918) 923-4796 — Search Tulsa County Clerk Subscription based Pre-Statehood to 1923 Wagoner County —Search Woods County–(580) 327-0942

1 Like