Abstract 974, PLS Block 27 Section 39

Just got a phone call nibble from “West Oak Resources” about selling. Seem to be a lot of horizontals to the West. In section 29 looks like an incomplete horizontal along the Easterly boundary and maybe a couple of other permits. Anyone know what’s going on? Should I pursue possible sale or hang on for a while to get a lease?

Dear John, Lots of interest in Winkler County these days. My Family has 3 sections near Winkler Airport, two sections in Downtown Wink and north. Dawson caught me off guard and was able to sign their little scam 1%, one of the family members signed for a little cash but that gave Dawson permission to do 3D seismic on the 40 Acres. These days a Large Company lets say Jagged Peak for now, as they are a big Player in the area, and I don’t know for sure it’s them, however some company is trying to have a look see under 525,000 acres of Winkler, Ward, Pecos, Ector Counties. They especially like to see it before they purchase the mineral lease. We have land in Kermit also, and I found out that a company is slowly marching across the Cities of Wink and Kermit Drilling. We leased 10 Acres in Downtown Kermit, and then we have a new lease but they will be expected to drill their own water well because the City of Kermit is not letting anymore use of City water. As it is, there are 118 RV Parks around Kermit Texas. Many Man Camps also. I suggest you sit still and wait. My Grand Dad who founded Wink Texas said this to his kids, You can sell the land, but never, never sell the minerals. As you know they are not making any more land in the Permian. Your lucky, someone left you some. God Bless, Chris

1 Like