A1, 4LA & A2, 5LA Teewinot

Teewinot 4LA is producing More than 5LA from December 2018 to June 2019.

These well are less than 1 mile apart. 4LA has produced 231k to 5LA 168K.

Can the land man change the description of my Warranty Deed?

My Warranty Deed says: Lots 48 and 49 out of the South Quarter of Section 1235, Block 34.

They want to change it to read: All of Tracts 48 and 49 located in the W/4 of Section 135, Block e4.

There is a deed of gift from Rose Marie Milner Price to Richard Milner which cites Tracts 48 and 49 , Section 135, Block 34, but does not state that these are in the S/4 of the section. Your lease to Anadarko describes Lots 48 and 49 out of the South Quarter of Section 135, as described in the plat filed in Volume 22, Page 444 of the deed records. The recorded plat show that the the lots are in the W/4 of Section 135. The plat is printed with an arrow pointing to the north and the page must be turned to properly see that the lots are actually in the W/4. Therefore, the citation in the lease as being in the S/4 is incorrect and is overridden by the reference to the plat. You can look at these records on-line and purchase them at $1 per page + $2 fee for a single total order. Easy to do. Go to the Ward County Texas Clerk website and it will direct you to this source. Welcome to Vanguard Ward County, TX Search

How can you have a West Quarter (W4)? My understanding is that you could only have N2, S2, E2, W2 and NE4, NW4, SE4, or SW4. A letter seems to be missing…

Thanks. Then you do not see anything with this lease. I am signing and having a notary sign and I will mail them off.

Richard

Richard, Do not sign any legal document without review by an attorney. I simply looked at on-line records for an explanation of the issue. This was not the same as a detailed review. You first said that this is an amendment to the deed. Is this instead an an amendment of the lease and limited to the correction of the legal description? Those are very different and only a lease amendment would be acceptable. You should never sign any legal document that you do not fully understand. Was this legal document prepared by a trustworthy attorney? Is there any chance it adversely affects your title? Do you have a written explanation from the landman? Please do not assume that anyone can give you definitive advice without all of the facts and circumstances.

Ward County, Texas sections in Block 34 and Block 1 are tilted like diamonds and so the legal descriptions are N/4 and W/4 or NW/2. It is an oddity in this county. It caused a lot of early confusion when deeds referred to NE/4 because it depended on whether the drafter treated the NW section line or the NE section line as the north side. Many deeds and leases now contain refer to the N/4 of Section ABC and contain a secondary description of the tract also being described as the NE/4 assuming that the common boundary line with Section XYZ is the north line of Section ABC.

Richard, where did you find those production numbers? Those numbers don’t match what I am seeing for Teewinot 5LA.

My December production 2018 for 4LA, A1 was 35,126 barrels. While my May 2019 was 11,431. Does not look good.

Richard, have you received a royalty check? I have yet to see one!

The Railroad Commission gave me the RRC #51901. Is this the wrong one?

Yes, I believe 51901 is the correct lease number for Teewinot 4LA (Teewinot North Unit). But where are you finding production numbers? When I click on the well in the RRC viewer, it says “NO RPT” for each month.

Still waiting. I was told by the Land man around the 8th or 10th.

I just discovered this forum. I have mineral rights in Teewinot South Unit and am still waiting for a Division Order as are half a dozen others in the family for their interests. The family members that have interests in the North Unit received their Division Order and started receiving payments in July (I thjink). For the best info on production use Production Report Queries which is updated daily with new production reports that are filed. If you are using Production Data Home to check production, it is only updated once a month. A couple of weeks ago we sent Callon the official notice that if we are told something within 30 days we may file a lawsuit as per Section 91.404 of the Texas Natural Resources Code. We have been told the Division Order was coming soon since March and are tired of their delays.

Apparently Callon is stalling everyone. We have two wells in Block 34. First well has been producing since Aug. of 2018. Finally got division orders on it 2 weeks ago. They claimed we has a title problems, now waiting on a check. The second well has been producing since Dec. 2018 and have not received division orders or a check.

I think I am getting my Callon check Friday/or Saturday per the landman.

Different story on my Brooke 184-185 1h, Luxe, I keep getting the same answer for the past 8 weeks. Working on division papers but is a good well.

Nothing in the mailbox today. Callon made it sound as if the check would be mailed between Monday-Thursday of this week. But they weren’t real clear. When any of you get a check from Callon, please let us know.

I was told Fri or Sat