A little help needed

i was wondering if anyone can help with my situation. I have a mineral rights in north dakota. The well is producing, but Hess Corp hasnt given me any kind of info yet. s:99-t:149-r:99. it is also the time for the lease to be renewed and i was wondering how much a good amount will be should I release my mineral rights?

/Todd:

First, review your mineral area description. You indicate Section 99 but I believe you mean 9 or something else. Second, in regards to the lease renewal, are you referring to an area that has not been drilled on as the area where the well exits would most likely be held by production unless you have a pugh clause in your lease. When you provide the correct mineral area description, someone on this forum should be able to provide you with the current production figures if the well is off the confidential list.

this is my resource page: https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/findwellsvw.asp

file number:22418

CTB #: 122418, 9

API #: 3305303990, 1

well type: oil/gas

DTD #: 21344, 20380

operator: Hess

well name: BW-SPRING CREEK 149-99-1201H-1, BW-SORENSON 149-99-1324H-1

field: CHERRY CREEK

/Todd:

First, review your mineral area description. You indicate Section 99 but I believe you mean 9 or something else. Second, in regards to the lease renewal, are you referring to an area that has not been drilled on as the area where the well exits would most likely be held by production unless you have a pugh clause in your lease. When you provide the correct mineral area description, someone on this forum should be able to provide you with the current production figures if the well is off the confidential list.

Todd:

If your minerals are located in T149;R99;Section 13 with no pugh clause in your lease, your minerals would be held by production. Also, appears Hess has another well either being drilled or planned just to the West of the well you previously mentioned. The well name is BW Sorenson 149-99-1324H-3. Again, I am confused as to your original post in regards to re-leasing.

i have a 2yr lease that Hess Corporation bought from a previous company. the two years is coming up and i have been having a hard time trying to find any info online or through Hess.

charles s mallory said:

Todd:

If your minerals are located in T149;R99;Section 13 with no pugh clause in your lease, your minerals would be held by production. Also, appears Hess has another well either being drilled or planned just to the West of the well you previously mentioned. The well name is BW Sorenson 149-99-1324H-3. Again, I am confused as to your original post in regards to re-leasing.

Todd:

Again, if the operator drilled a well during the term of the lease and there is no pugh clause in the lease, the mineral acreage would be held by production and would no be subject to additional leasing. I don't know the exact wording in your lease but that's normally the case.

Todd, I am not sure which of the two wells you own minerals under or if it is possibly both so I will just give il production to date Spring Creek 42,826 barrels oil in 3 months which is very good.

Sorenson 33,125 which is also good and may improve to very good with more production information, it's early days yet and hrd to judg from just 3 months.

I will look again at my lease to see if renewing is held by production (no pugh clause). Thank you for your help.

and, i believe i own the mineral rights for under both of the wells.

thank you again

charles s mallory said:

Todd:

Again, if the operator drilled a well during the term of the lease and there is no pugh clause in the lease, the mineral acreage would be held by production and would no be subject to additional leasing. I don't know the exact wording in your lease but that's normally the case.