(A-153 WJ Lewis) activity

I have mineral rights interest in 40 acres in north Brazos county. I have been approached by an individual out of Denver to purchase the mineral rights. With the little bit of looking I have done, it appears that more activity is centered on central and eastern part of the county. Can you tell me if there is interest in drilling in A-153? Also, can you give me a general idea of selling price per acre for mineral rights in my area?

Thanks

Mike,

THIS CONTENT HAS BEEN DELETED BY THE SITE ADMINISTRATOR FOR VIOLATION OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.

First, there is still a great deal of activity in North Brazos County. I live near Tabor and there are rigs all over this portion of the county and if you go to Texas Railroad Commission site and search Brazos county for the applications starting with 01/01/2014, you will see 163 applications just for Brazos County. http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do;jsessionid=Rfz2Jr8LcLvv1nylTZynLQQgW42vVGGCyv1xJXLX32Sv24RTdsnB!-1065712509

Normally Initial Offers are rock bottom prices. Personally, I can't imagine anyone selling their mineral rights especially in such an active area. If you are determined to sell, I suggest you contact a some of the companies currently active in drilling in Brazos County such as Halcon, Anadarko, Clayton Williams, Vess and Apache.

I would also counter with 3 to 4 times that amount and see if they bite.

I have an "Eleventh Commandment" - Thou Shall Not Sell Thy Mineral Rights.

SERIOUSLY, Reconsider Selling - Your first royalty check could be many times what you are offered to sell. Also, lease signing bonuses are running from $800 - $1200 net mineral acre.

DON'T SELL,

Bill

Mark, it against the Mineral Right Forum to advertise your services!

Mark Benson said:

THIS CONTENT HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO A VIOLATION OF THE SITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

Bill, thanks for the response. That was my first thought also. Just seeing what others think.

You are welcome.

Are they leased? If not, you should look into leasing them very soon. There are some really good offers being made. Also, get some input from us here on the Mineral Right Forum before signing anything. We just want to see folks getting an honest and fair deal.

Have a blessed evening,

Bill

Mike Ordner said:

Bill, thanks for the response. That was my first thought also. Just seeing what others think.

Bill, thanks again. No lease yet. Should I look in the other parts of this forum to see about how to find someone to lease? This is all new to me but I am reading and trying to learn fast.

Mike

There are several recent permits issued in Lewis A-153. Hawkwood Energy is very active in that area and in that survey as are others. I'd suggest you invest some time learning the TX RRC site to gain a better understanding of your area before you consider leasing or selling. An excellent video tutorial is linked on the home page of this site. As you have questions, post them and someone will help.

Mike, I sent you a friend request where we can discuss what companies and contact information. This forum does not allow offering company information on the public level but does on the private side. Once you accept my friend request, send me a message and I can give you some direction.

Bill

Mike Ordner said:

Bill, thanks again. No lease yet. Should I look in the other parts of this forum to see about how to find someone to lease? This is all new to me but I am reading and trying to learn fast.

Boris, Thanks. I will continue to research to get a good handle on all of this. i am sure I will have more questions as I gain knowledge.

Boris said:

Mike

There are several recent permits issued in Lewis A-153. Hawkwood Energy is very active in that area and in that survey as are others. I'd suggest you invest some time learning the TX RRC site to gain a better understanding of your area before you consider leasing or selling. An excellent video tutorial is linked on the home page of this site. As you have questions, post them and someone will help.

It is much better to lease than sell your minerals. If you lease for $750/ac for example (I don't know the going rate in Brazos) for 3 years and renewed for two at the same rate you would have $1500 per acre. If you did that again you would have $3000 per acre over a 10 year holding period. That is irrespective of royalties, which could be a serious game changer.

Thanks Pennington. I have looked some today and there is quite a bit of activity in my area. Still learning how to get specific information on a particular well so i can better gauge what to do going forward. Looks like selling is not a good option. Feel like I am back in college cramming for a mid-term!
Ric Pennington said:

It is much better to lease than sell your minerals. If you lease for $750/ac for example (I don't know the going rate in Brazos) for 3 years and renewed for two at the same rate you would have $1500 per acre. If you did that again you would have $3000 per acre over a 10 year holding period. That is irrespective of royalties, which could be a serious game changer.

I agree with Ric P.

Mike Ordner said:

Boris, Thanks. I will continue to research to get a good handle on all of this. i am sure I will have more questions as I gain knowledge.

Boris said:

Mike