9 Shelly wells in 31-11N-8W and 30-11N-8W Canadian county Oklahoma

Does anyone have any information on the delayed completions of the 9 Shelly wells drilled between Nov 2017 and the early summer of 2018? My mother-in-law, Helen Speer Hawkins, owns royalty mineral interest in 6-10N-8W of Grady county and has received information on the drilling of these wells that are permitted to go through her section with 50% in each section. She has not received any division orders and when called, Cimarex just keeps saying those aren’t ready yet. One of the Quarterly Reports from Cimarex earlier this year said they expected these wells to start producing in late summer.

If they were drilling that many, then they probably zipper frac’d them all at the same time.

Go onto the Gross Production site and you can see them all listed and their active date.

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

I checked one of the wells and they have updated orders on the case dockets. March 29, 2018. They needed the percentage split in order to do the Division Orders. Each well will be slightly different. It may have taken a while to do all the calculations. Tell her not to worry. She should be getting DO on each well with a slightly different decimal. Once she gets the DOs. She will need to check them against the OCC site to make sure the numbers match. There is a formula. If they match, she can sign each form. (I always send them back by certified return receipt mail and keep a copy of everything including the USPS code number on the receipt.) Then after she turns them in, she can claim the statutory interest of 12%. Pretty good interest for a slight delay.

Thanks very much Ms. Barnes for all the information. I’ve read most all your responses on this website, and you are a wealth of information. This forum is lucky to have you be so involved.

If you don’t hear anything in about a month, come back and I can give you all the case numbers for the final splits. I think they are still working on some of them. PS, sometimes they start paying so they won’t have as much interest to pay and then come back to correct payments. I would rather they get it perfect the first time through and pay me a lot of interest.