9 and 10-1S-3W Carter lease offers

What is going on in 9 and 10-1S-3W? have had offer from Continental. I have rec’d the OCC info on proposed wells but if I have an overriding interest in both of these sections. To me that means they are held by production or does that carry on to the next well that is drilled even though I don’t have the mineral rights but do have ORI… How does that work? Seems if I have and ORI that would basically put it as HBP because it functions on any lease on those sections? After telling the man all this he started stalling. Can I lease an ORI or by doing so does that put it in their name rather than mine?

He may not have been aware that you had an override. Many of us inherited them. You may also have an override which would still be in effect (depending upon how it is written and what it covers) and you might have additional acres which might be open. I have that in several of my tracts. You override might only be for a certain reservoir which is probably shallow and the new interest is deeper. Do you have a copy of the override?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.