3S 4W Stephens county

I have been contacted by a leasing agent offering to lease my minerals in sec 9 and 10 of 3S 4W. I have approximately 150 acres of minerals under the 2 sections. Some are currently leased and the offer includes a top lease on the minerals currently leased that expires in October. Has there been any wells recently drilled and completed nearby? Who are the companies interested in leasing in this area and what are the range of dollar offers for a 3 year 3/16 lease?

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post to the Stephens County area where more folks might see it.

Continental Resources and Balco Energy are the main lessees in that area. Continental drilled a new horizontal well in 3 & 34 in 2016. It has done very well and is still online. The Arnold 1 is still online in section 10, but you may not be in its spacing and it is very low old production. LE Jones has the Hunt 1-15 still online in 15. Old well.

It is highly unlikely that you have 150 net minerals. Most leases state the gross acreage and you would have some fraction of that. There are hundreds of mineral owners in each section. If only children passed down to only children, there is a chance.

I would guess the agent is leasing for Continental. Ask them. I personally am not a fan of top leases. Too many possible legal glitches. Good time to get an attorney to look over your current lease and suggest any changes that would be more in your favor. Many of us ask for 1/5th or 1/4 leases as the higher royalty usually far outpays the bonus on 3/16ths over the long run.

Continental is the operator. I second the advice to have an attorney look at your offers. If they are for sections already leased you may be better off signing a new lease at the end of the term, but there is always a chance you won’t get better terms. A qualified oil and gas attorney will have a better idea of what is fair for you as the lessee.

Or… lessor…. :man_facepalming: Autocorrect.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.