37 T4S Section 4

Hi, Thanks in advance for any help! I am a newbie here today and have been searching the maps from some thread links provided here, but am not finding the location, so I can’t find wells either. I read some other threads here to search under.“survey” but operating from my phone, I see no ‘survey’. Maybe I’m not seeing the full picture and menu… I only found out today that I inherited mineral rights in 2006, originally purchased in 1998. Any chance I have a few million (uncollected) dollars sitting with Pioneer? The info I have from the company wanting to lease my rights says, “SEC 4, RNG/ BLK 37 T4S”. $/NMA is $15,300.00 and I am not sure but think that is the agents offer price, (good through February 27, 2021). Any insight and advice will be greatly appreciated and insight shared will be followed up on. Thanks again! CS

I would check the https://claimittexas.org/ to see if your name shows up. Pioneer would have sent it there to wait for the owner to find it if they couldnt find you.

@CoolSweatt There are a few old verticals on that section so I’m going to guess there isn’t millions in suspense (depending on how big your interest is). Do you know how many acres you have? Do you have any previous lease documents from who you inherited the minerals from? Any more information can help judge a good lease amount

CS

If you haven’t seen it maybe the piece of Railroad Commission map that’s below will help. Blk 37, T4S, Sec. 4 is outlined in red. It shows abstract numbers for four surveys in that section (852, 1341,1370,1432). If you can locate the deed to the mineral rights you inherited it should include a legal description with the abstract number of the survey or specific part of the section your interest is in. If you don’t have the deed here’s a link where you can search the records for Midland County. If it doesn’t work try the County Clerk’s office. https://midland.tx.publicsearch.us/

The old vertical wells in that area have been producing since the 1990’s but what is driving interest out there now are probably all those horizontal wells Pioneer has drilled on the adjoining sections to the north and east.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.