$35 to update my information?

I have mineral rights in Gavin county ( N/2 SE/4 & SW/4 SE/4 & NE/4 SW/4 & E/2 SE/4 SW/4 of Section 6-3N-2W). The lease has expired and was not renewed by E & K oil Corp. My question is, should I send the $35 to the company that updated your information. I have been advise not to, (note I did this right after I received them). My mom had leased it out for many years and I had for the first time in July of 2015. Just need advise, new to all this and I live in Oregon. Thank you

There is no official registry for mineral rights, but there are companies that charge annual fees to register with their company. Frankly, I see not point in doing so. If an company wants to lease they will find you. That being said, it is important that your name and address are on file in Garvin county and connected to your legal description. An affidavit is often handy is there is outdated information concerning your address or if your name changed (marriage,divorce).

Thank you! All my information should be same as before when it was leased. Thank you again.

Debbie- The mineral owners registry is a scam. Don’t pay them another penny.

1 Like

Glad I asked! I wish I felt more confident dealing with this, thank you!

Have to agree with Todd. I got all the info a few years ago and read it. They’re really not giving or doing anything for royalty owners. If an oil company, buyer, or whatever wants to make you an offer it won’t matter if you’re in the registry or not. I never joined it and when the offers are going out I get them.

1 Like

Debbie5…We agree with Todd. We received several letter from them a few years ago when all this started and my husband said they can’t give you any more advantage in getting your mineral rights known by those wanting to lease and purchase than the leasers or purchasers can get from the public records at the courthouse. Don’t send them any money!