34-6N-4W McClain County - Tecate Well

I was recently doing some family research and came across a Legal Notice that was published in the Purcell Register in January 2021. I would have ignored the notice, but the date of the notice caught my attention since it was so recent and my great-grandfather was referenced in the notice. He died in 1944.

I did some more research on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website in re to CAUSE CD NO. 202002172-T. On the 12/29/2020 Application my great grandfather is identified as Respondent #3. It appears from the Revised Exhibit A that Respondent #3) was dismissed.

Any thoughts on what all that means and how or if I should look into it further? Thanks for your help.

JAHopkins: In the records of the County Clerk’s office are several documents referencing “Hopkins” people in Affidavits. Casillas Petroleum Resources Partners is the operator of the original Tecate 1-34-3WXH well and has recently drilled the Tecate 34-3-2MXH, Tecate 34-3-3WXH & Tecate 34-3-4MXH wells. I don’t believe these wells have not been completed yet but the original Tecate well has been producing since March 2018.

You should contact Casillas to find out more about your possible interest in the minerals previously owned by your great-grandfather. It appears that he may also own minerals in Section 26-6N-4W. If you are a successor in interest to any of the Hopkins in title, you will surely have money being held in suspense by either Casillas or the state of Oklahoma, unclaimed property division.

You can research McClain County records for free at okcountyrecords dot com. It will cost you a couple of dollars to make copies.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.