33 8N 5W Oorah

Looking for information on mineral rights. Had someone from Land Run Minerals call today.

1 Like

Camino Natural Resources has permitted the Oorah 0805 28-33 1WH well for the Mississippian and Woodford formations. Offers to buy frequently target areas with pending wells. They have done enough title work to think that you might have mineral rights there. If you do, then you need to get informed and find out how much you have, make sure your title is clear, file your name and address with the county clerk in Grady, etc.

In my experience offers from buyers are either low and hope that folks will sell since they don’t know a well is coming or they will offer something high and then find excuses to come down. Mineral owners should take the initiative to get informed and know what is happening in their areas.

Ms. Barnes, I’m new to all this, and I’ve noticed some posts that talked about what you stated “…file your name and address with the county clerk in (name of county)”. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what exactly do you say in this letter (or is it a form?). My wife has mineral rights in multiple counties that her mom passed down to her. They were all changed over into my wife’s name via an attorney when her mom was alive and she does get paperwork from several current companies. We’re trying to sort through years of records to figure out what exactly she has and I’m wondering if we need to do this (letter to county clerks) also? Thank you and the others for such insightful responses! I’m (slowly) learning.

Good for you for getting organized! It does take time. The attorney may have filed the proper documents, but not always. Look up her mom’s name and your wife’s name on www.okcountyrecords.com to see the documents were filed. (most of the counties are on there, but not all) If not, start with the county where she has the most minerals and call the county oil & gas clerk to see what you need to do to get her name properly filed. The other counties will be similar. They usually require name, address, phone number, full description of the minerals and the title documents that passed them to her.

You may find it helpful to create an Excel list (or similar format) by state, county, description by section-township-range, net acres, status (unleased, leased-exp date, leased-productive or non-productive, etc.)

A good place to start your reading is in the Mineral Help section above. There are some very good books out there. Several have been mentioned on the forum, but if you can’t find them, let me know.

Ask tons of questions!

1 Like

Thank you. I did check that website after reading someone’s post and found my wife listed in Grady and Blaine (nothing for her mom). I will follow up with what you said for the other counties.

Ron: Your mother-in-law’s name might not show up in a name search but still may have an interest. Also run the name of the person from whom she would have received an inheritance and you may find record of a court order. You can purchase tokens and download documents for $1 per page.

https://okcountyrecords.com/results/instrument-type=Affi|Ord Also, Grady county used a couple of different protocols when indexing for also search:

https://okcountyrecords.com/results/instrument-type=Affi|Ord

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.