30" proposed pipeline. $/rod? Narrowest reasonable width possible? They have eminent domain power.

I posted this to the Right-Of-Way Group, but got no answers. Maybe you guys can help...Targa is going to build a 30 inch pipeline going from West Texas down to Houston...they're calling it the Grand Prix pipeline. It will go through our land in Pecos/Ward County area. Haven't received an offer myself yet, but heard they're initially offering $50/rod for 50 foot permanent easement, 75 foot work space. I know that's real, real low. They have eminent domain power. University rate is minimum $224/rod, but that's for a 10 year renewable easement, not a permanent easement.
Any thoughts or strategies on how to deal with them?
What's a fair $/rod to settle on?
A really good $/rod to settle on?
The narrowest width you can negotiate down to for a 30 inch pipeline?

Hi, Stephen -

I'd suggest you hire Buddy Cotten, who is a frequent contributor here on The Forum, to negotiate your ROW/Easement. He is listed in the "Professionals" on the Site's Homepage.

Several people have posted very positive things about how he handled their situations.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

Stephen, I agree with Charles....Negotiating pipeline deals are a specialty for Buddy Cotten..

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profile/BuddyCotten

Clint Liles

A couple years ago we got $350/rod... 12" oil pipeline... 75 foot workspace... I think 40 foot permanent... plus they paid us for the timber... plus if anything horrible ever happened we would be held harmless. I think we could have been paid a little more but we didn't fight it. Location is Northeast Texas. Pipeline came from the west and went to someplace south of Shreveport. I think people in Shreveport got a lot more money.... but I can't prove it yet.

Re: Buddy Cotten

I totally agree with Charles and Clint.

Good luck,

Pat

Thank you, Pat!

Always very kind of you to acknowledge me in any way.

The new Forum format has me a little confused: How to I "Follow" you and others that I wish to?

Gosh Charles, I hate to tell "I don't know" ... but I don't. I haven't had too much time to peruse any of these format changes.

See if Clint knows.

Later,

Pat

Hello Pat.....So far I'm having no problems with the changes to the Forum...In fact some of the changes have made it easier to post permits, completions, Etc. I understand from talking to Kenny there will be other changes that will make it even easier.....Like not being asked 'AM I A ROBOT'----that drives me nuts and is a waste of valuable time to an old person like me that doesn't have much time left......hehehehehe

Clint Liles

This is my friend Willy....he doesn't like being asked if he is a ROBOT

Thank you all for the reply.

Jack Hodges, did you have to press hard to get $350 for that 12" line? Also, did they have eminent domain power? Anyone else have experience on prices for bigger (30") lines?

Hi, Willy!

One thing I'd like to see added is a way to upload files to the Friends Pages. People sometimes ask me to send them something privately and can't on The Forum.

No, they accepted it well... but told us in an offhand way there would be problems if we went any higher. But again... that was two-years or so ago.