3-d seismic survey

We have received notification that a 3-D seismic survey is scheduled to be taken of Sumner County in the coming months. The company conducting the survey is offering $10/acre to access our land. Has anyone else received such a notification? The survey is being conducted for Chesapeake Energy Inc.

Has this seismic survey gotten off the ground? I had heard approximately six months ago that this was being accomplished around the Wellington area. I have acreage northwest of Wellington, but have not been contacted regarding same.

Gateway Permit Services (GPS) is the company who contacted us. Michael Sabin, PH#307-359-8943, is the Permit Agent who I talked to. GPS on behalf of TGS -NOPEC Geophysical Co. intends to conduct the survey. They are looking to start the survey in a couple of weeks. Mr Sabin might have an answer for you. Our land is near Oxford, KS.

gerald becker said:

Has this seismic survey gotten off the ground? I had heard approximately six months ago that this was being accomplished around the Wellington area. I have acreage northwest of Wellington, but have not been contacted regarding same.

6/29/2013 Survey south of Wellington is completed now for about 6 months. Understand they were going to survey all of Sumner Co.

James m block said:

Gateway Permit Services (GPS) is the company who contacted us. Michael Sabin, PH#307-359-8943, is the Permit Agent who I talked to. GPS on behalf of TGS -NOPEC Geophysical Co. intends to conduct the survey. They are looking to start the survey in a couple of weeks. Mr Sabin might have an answer for you. Our land is near Oxford, KS.

gerald becker said: