3/4 owner of 1/8 and .05 working interest

I have 3/4 OGM on 33.3 acres in clay district in Ritchie Co. Mountain WV Brush Run Rd. Due to my husband having medical issues that require 24 hour care I have to stay home to be a caregiver. I am wanting to sell my OGM. What would be a good offer pet ache? Thank you

I moved this over to Ritchie Co. WV so local folks can see it. Let me know if you want it moved back to the general category.

According to my quick math, you own just shy of 25 net mineral acres. Have you signed a pooling modification for the parcel(s)? Is there any production from a shallow well on the tract?

I would need more information, but would not settle for anything less than $85,000.00.

If you can provide me with more information on the property, I can give you better insight into a reasonable price expectation.

1 Like

Yes there is a shallow well. ACP produces it. I had some questions and was told Antero Resources bought the deep rights from them. I am pretty sure we had the pooling provision taken out of our lease. That was many years ago. I hope that information helped. Also where can I get a copy of our lease?n

You can find copies of leases at the courthouse, the door immediately to the left of the stairs going up to the court room. If you go into that office, they will be able to direct you to someone who can help, though I will try to find some information for you online too.

I tried to find more information on the parcel(s) through tax records, to no avail, is your name who the parcel is taxed?

Punktoothman,

I just found the deed in which you received the parcel and see which law firm you used in the process. The Attorney that drafted the deed is excellent and may be willing to give you a bit of insight, especially if you are wishing to sell.

1 Like

Punktoothman,

If you go to the courthouse record room, ask for Sandi and tell her that a redhead from Ohio asked that she print Book 293 Page 919 & 920 for you. It might cost a dollar or two, but she will be able to print the Lease Modification that has been signed with Antero, for you.

1 Like

If you just want to view it, you can go to this website WV document inquiry site and select Ritchie for the county then select Indexed search then select book and page and put in the book and page number that WV Mineral owner gave you. Or go in to the wonderful courthouse there in Harrisville. Beautiful historical building.

1 Like

Hello,

Ritchie County is becoming a better place to own OGM’s in the area, especially if you are north of Route 50. There are many things that will affect the value of your acreage, most notably current or planned drilling activity and the status of your acreage. If you’re acreage is in fact leased and HBP’d (held by production) but you do not have a drilling clause, Antero (or the successor operator) would need to come to you to amend your lease in order for it to provide for pooling. That would increase the value of your acreage as it may mean you could get additional “bonus” monies for execution of this amendment. The working interest portion of it is a whole different can o’ worms.

Before we sell acreage in any particular area we’ll take a look at the recent grantees of record from mineral deeds in the district and contact each of them to see if they want to take on more acreage. From there we expand our efforts to cover recently capitalized mineral buying firms in the region. Finally, and almost always, we will submit acreage to an auction house and listing service with a fairly high reserve in order to gauge interest and solicit more credible buyers.

I hope this helps. You can dig into more detail by looking at the WV DEP website and identifying your area on the GIS application. You can also find the permit online which generally provides some good detail with little effort.

Thank you,

Nick Hunley, Attorney, CPL Disclaimer - This post is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice.

3 Likes

Nick,

Are you also a Broker in addition to being an Attorney?

No, but we use several land service providers in the area.

Thanks,

Nick