24n 9w

Going through old papers my brother and I discover mineral rights granted to our family in 24N 9W.

Q1. Is there production currently happening in 24N 9W? My close-to-the-ground observations of Google enable satellite maps shows me pleasing farm land and a few feed lots, no pumps nor indication of drilling.

Q2. Assuming the answer to Q1 is favorable, who would be my next contact to discover the validity of these modest mineral rights grant 24N 9W?

Thank you,

Steve

First you need to know what section it is in? Then go to the court house and check records to verify ownership! I'm not a expert on this.

Stephen there is plenty of production in this Township and Range so narrowing it down by Section would help greatly. There are no online records for Alfalfa County so they only way to research would be going to the Courthouse or hiring someone to do the research.

That courthouse is small, and they will be helpful but the easy way is to find the section-twp-rge in the index books and find your deeded property, then trace it forward in time to see if it has been deeded away later. It is a "hands on" job and most landmen can do it... ~figure $350 a day plus expenses and 1 day minimum.

Section 15 shows 288 barrels and 2.4 million gas july 14 2012