2 surveys

THE LAND MY MINERALS ARE LOCATED IN ARE IN 2 SURVEYS IN POLK COUNTY TX. DOES THIS MATTER VERY MUCH? THANKS, MARY

Mary,

More information is needed. Have you leased, are you trying to lease, and are the surveys contiguous? Please explain your concerns.

yes i have leased it. the first was in 07 for a 3 year lease with 2 years after that. it first was with meridian then alta mesa bought them out. my 2 year part ends in july 2012. yes they are contiguous. i was just wondering if them being in 2 two different surveys makes any difference when you go to lease them. i am hoping they will decide to drill if not lease it again. i am trying to learn all i can before july. thanks.......

6th Generation Texan said:

Mary,

More information is needed. Have you leased, are you trying to lease, and are the surveys contiguous? Please explain your concerns.

Personally, I don't know of any concerns of having minerals in two surveys. I am in that situtation also. Having the appropriate clauses in your lease and only signing a new lease for three years is important.

If you don't have an oil and gas attorney or mineral manager, I highly recommend you get one if the company lets the lease lapse in July '12 and you have an opportunity to lease your minerals again. You want to be protected and lease your minerals for what they are worth.

How many acres of minerals do you have?
mary said:

yes i have leased it. the first was in 07 for a 3 year lease with 2 years after that. it first was with meridian then alta mesa bought them out. my 2 year part ends in july 2012. yes they are contiguous. i was just wondering if them being in 2 two different surveys makes any difference when you go to lease them. i am hoping they will decide to drill if not lease it again. i am trying to learn all i can before july. thanks.......

Mary,

i have 78 acres. that is why im trying learn all i can before july. an uncle handled everything in 07 but now we do not communicate. would like to know info like is it favorable that they would decide to drill or wait and lease it again or just not do anything. so you are saying only have a lease for 3 years next time?. thanks for your replys.

mary :)

Personally, I don't know of any concerns of having minerals in two surveys. I am in that situtation also. Having the appropriate clauses in your lease and only signing a new lease for three years is important.

If you don't have an oil and gas attorney or mineral manager, I highly recommend you get one if the company lets the lease lapse in July '12 and you have an opportunity to lease your minerals again. You want to be protected and lease your minerals for what they are worth.

mary said:

Mary,

There is no way to know what the company will decide. If it were me, I would hope they let the lease lapse and I get another chance to get better lease terms, etc. perhaps with another company who will drill. If you give a company 5 years, they more than likely will take that long to do anything, as you are seeing. You want someone to drill and 3 years is plenty of time in which to get the job done. There is no need to tie up your minerals any longer. Is there any or much drilling activity in the area of your minerals? More land gets leased that ever gets drilled; it is just one big waiting game.

mary said:

i have 78 acres. that is why im trying learn all i can before july. an uncle handled everything in 07 but now we do not communicate. would like to know info like is it favorable that they would decide to drill or wait and lease it again or just not do anything. so you are saying only have a lease for 3 years next time?. thanks for your replys.

mary said:

Mary,

i keep looking at the rrc site and actually saw that the company that has my lease has a new drill within polk county. but it is still a little ways from where mine are. mine are located within the cartwright,watts survey and i thought it was close to livingston, but after looking it up it is close to onalaska. it was my dads from long ago. after all this time (my dad has been dead for 47 years) they just now doing a lease. that why we thought it looked pretty promising that something will happen. then meridian sold out to alta mesa which took much of the time the lease was going on. we got a nice amount for the first lease. hope it works out good, i could use a little good luck in my life......where are yours located? things going good for you? best to you.... mary

There is no way to know what the company will decide. If it were me, I would hope they let the lease lapse and I get another chance to get better lease terms, etc. perhaps with another company who will drill. If you give a company 5 years, they more than likely will take that long to do anything, as you are seeing. You want someone to drill and 3 years is plenty of time in which to get the job done. There is no need to tie up your minerals any longer. Is there any or much drilling activity in the area of your minerals? More land gets leased that ever gets drilled; it is just one big waiting game.

mary said:

mary said:

Mary,

Hi Mary,

I am sorry to hear that you lost your dad so long ago. Maybe the oil company will drill on your land since they are working in the area. I wish you the best of luck!

I have a small mineral interest which I leased last year in Grimes County and will be pooled into a well currently being drilled. It may not amount to more than a few hundred dollars a month (or less), but every little bit helps. I am working on leasing my other minerals, but it may be next year.

If you end up leasing again, let me know and I can recommend a great mineral manager to assist you at a reasonable fee.

mary said:

i keep looking at the rrc site and actually saw that the company that has my lease has a new drill within polk county. but it is still a little ways from where mine are. mine are located within the cartwright,watts survey and i thought it was close to livingston, but after looking it up it is close to onalaska. it was my dads from long ago. after all this time (my dad has been dead for 47 years) they just now doing a lease. that why we thought it looked pretty promising that something will happen. then meridian sold out to alta mesa which took much of the time the lease was going on. we got a nice amount for the first lease. hope it works out good, i could use a little good luck in my life......where are yours located? things going good for you? best to you.... mary

mary said:

mary said:

Mary,