1st royalty check?

How soon after all the paperwork is submitted, does it take before you see any royalty $$??

It could take years before a pad and well are up and running any production. My cousin and I share 21 wells in production in WV in various counties that we inherited through our maternal grandmother. Her brothers families own a percentage of shares also. We signed the original leases in 2017. Many would follow. Yet it took until last year, and only when natural gas prices hit a momentous rate to see much of anything in royalties. Today with current prices we are lucky to see $100 to $200 a month for each of us. Our leases have anywhere between 16 to 18% royalty with no costs…and paid at the wellhead. It will not make you rich unless you own a lot of rights and have a large or total percentage of ownership. In total we have each received less than $9,000. if that.

Joe, I’m in the same boat. Signed division order in early November. I swear, I believe it will take longer to hear from Owner Relations than either one or two months. :laughing:

Debra, that’s very interesting. Do you know what your net acreage interest is in those 21 wells?

I’ve been trying to determine an “average” royalty figure per net acre, and have only gotten one example so far.

Thanks

It should be listed on your contract your percentage share. Mine differ greatly from well to well. Like 0.00000262, 0.00000322, 0.00000458, 0.00005544…etc…I do have a question for you as they are continuing to find more areas, we own minerals on…and we seem to be getting new contracts once or twice a year…and we are finding more relatives from my grandma’s brothers. By chance have you inherited from a Russell or Brown. My great g-ma was Audrey B. Brown- Russell…we have wells in Battelle, Clay, and recently Tyler. I honestly believe that all our relatives should band together and keep each other informed…as we recently found some shady dealings going on with EQT where they were forced pooling on a relative that they knew was already deceased and her daughter has the same shares as me…by sending it to an old address of mine that she never lived at and acting like she was alive…they already pay her daughter royalties…keep in mind also that today your contracts should ask for no less than 18% royalties with no costs and paid at the wellhead…it may mean a lower up front payment…but it’ll pay more over time.

1 Like

Hi Debra,

I am new to this game for sure. Probably fit the old saying that a little knowledge is dangerous. LOL

Anyway, no, our interests are thru my wife’s family. None share those last names. Most of my wife’s family property is in Ellsworth District in Tyler and Magnolia District in Wetzel.

Congrats on the continuation of locating additional property. We have a similar situation where once or twice per year something new is uncovered. Thats bound to end at some point, but its held true for several years now.

Checks for your deceased relative that aren’t cashed by law should be given to WV. Check this website to go about claiming them. WV Unclaimed Property

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.