1907 Land Company

Can someone help explain this…I am in section 28-10-7, I have already leased my interest and it’s filed at the County. My name is also including in the Pooling order. Today I receive a letter from 1907 Land Company. They reference the Pooling Order # and offer to buy my minerals or three different leasing options. I don’t know a lot about the processes involved here but it seems 1907 Land Company is just finding available Pooling orders and sending out offers in an attempt to secure some mineral interest before the mineral owner is forced pooled. Can someone offer some guidance here…

I haven’t had any letters from 1907 land, but every time I am named in a pooling one company or another sends me a letter wanting to buy my minerals. If they are able to buy or lease your minerals they can participate in the drilling or pick-up an override on it or even sell it to someone else for a higher price.

I get those letters frequently. I save them as they are semi-useful to get a feel for the low end of what the acreage might be worth, but I never answer them. Over time, they usually go up, so I like to keep track of them over time.

1 Like