156 88 mountrail county

We have mineral rights in mountrail county 156N 88W township in egan township.

I was told a year ago that this area is a dead area. We have had no new lease offers

Our lease has expired 1 year ago. Is this area still considered a dead area. thanks

Morrie G

I'm not seeing any activity. Sorry.

thanks for the reply- I guess we just sit on this. we did have a real low ball offer

To expand, there is a well not too far east of you that is still uncompleted from 2011, still in the status called drilling. They seem unwilling to plug the well. From a quick glance they did find trace oil and gas while drilling, unfortunately it was just trace. Nobody really knows where the edge of profitable production is but nobody wants to pay to find out either, yet. I believe the imaginary line that has been deduced is like peeling an apple, try as you might you are going to throw away some desirable fruit along with the skin.

We own the mineral rights to two sections: Township 151 N, Range 88W Sections 18 and 17. I believe these are also considered to be in the 'dead zone' or near the edge of the dead zone. Can anybody tell me the strategy of the oil companies and the dead zone. Will they start in the middle of the dead zone and work out or do they continue to work from the outside in? Wondering if / when they will be exploring our neck of the woods?

r w kennedy said:

To expand, there is a well not too far east of you that is still uncompleted from 2011, still in the status called drilling. They seem unwilling to plug the well. From a quick glance they did find trace oil and gas while drilling, unfortunately it was just trace. Nobody really knows where the edge of profitable production is but nobody wants to pay to find out either, yet. I believe the imaginary line that has been deduced is like peeling an apple, try as you might you are going to throw away some desirable fruit along with the skin.