14N 10W - "Formulating Development Plans"

The CIMAREX 3rd quarter presentation highlights 14N 10W on a few of the slides and labels it “formulating Woodford/Meramec co-development plans.” Does anyone know what that means? They drilled three new 2-section wells last year in 17_20 that have been producing nicely. Just wondering if there is news about increased density as the mineral buyers have been calling me again regarding my 20 NMA in section 20.

The Woodford is the lower and older of the two reservoirs-Devonian age. The Meramec is the upper reservoir and is Mississippian in age.
If you look at slide 19 from the November deck, you can see where the wells will be. Look just south of the box and you can get a feel for the density, May be more or less than they did before. Companies are experimenting with the optimal spacing.

section 11 has increased density for one additional Miss well and two additional Woodford wells.

When they are ready, they will post the complete plan. The Q3 presentation was enough to get the “buyers” coming out of the woodwork. I have acreage nearby in an area that has had subsequent multiple wells. The offers by buyers were nowhere close to what I have made over the last couple of years. Patience worked in my favor.