10N62W Contacted about leasing/selling

Stacie,
I just released our latest podcast episode which happens to be about what you need to know about selling your minerals. You can listen on iTunes or directly on the podcast website.

As far as how to determine a fair price per mineral acre, Episode 4 of The Mineral Rights Podcast covers this in detail as well.

Please let me know your thoughts or if you have any suggestions for future episodes.

Thanks,
Matt Sands
Mineral Rights Podcast

I listened to your podcast and it was very informative. Thank you for sharing. These consultants that you refer to, do you recommend anyone specific? Thank you.

Stacie,
I will send you a private message with my contact information. I’d be happy to help if I can or can refer to someone else depending on what you need.

Best Regards,
Matt Sands

Matt,
I have 126 NMA in T10 R59W. Can you give me any idea what they are worth if I were to sell them per acre? I saw several of your posts and you seem very knowledgeable and I am looking for advice. Appreciate any input you may have. Thank you

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your question. I can’t say for sure what a fair market value range might be for your minerals without doing a more detailed analysis but I will say that there is a lot of recent activity in 10N-59W (recent drilling permit applications by 8 North and Bison). Given this and somewhat recently drilled wells to the East and South as data points from a production standpoint, there should be a good level of interest in this area for potential buyers. This Township is in the Pawnee National Grasslands so there may be additional hurdles that companies might need to go through in order to drill there (from an environmental standpoint).

I have seen values in 9N-59W ranging from $3500 - $9000 based on results of economic valuations and asking prices in that Township. That was over a year ago so things have changed and that is also in a much more developed part of the Pawnee National Grasslands.

My advice is generally to hold on to minerals unless you need money right away. Given recent permit activity, there is a chance that a well or multiple wells could get drilled in this area in the not to distant future. If you are unleased, you could proactively solicit lease offers for your minerals to get some cash now (lease bonus) while still maintaining control and upside potential from any royalties.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Good luck!
Matt Sands

Matt,

Really appreciate your feedback, if you have any time and only at your convenience, please call me at 361-597-0187. I just had a couple questions and hopefully not take up much of your time.

Sincerely,

Tim Humphrey

closed #28