Woods County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I am looking for help to contact someone re a piece of mineral property in Woods county for fair market value /sale. This property has no well. Thank you. Roy Wright

They Have…Around Avard there seems to be some leasing with reasonable bonuses…never,never go below 3/16ths.

Bill D

Roy,

The value in Woods Co. depends on where it is! In the past 2 years I have been offered from $20000 to $1000 a mineral acre. The Family Trust is always looking for mineral purchases. Bill Doolin

mine is kind of near Alva…

Here is great section township range map of Woods County. Woods%20County%20Map.pdf

Richard, You may want to see if Smith Auctioneer in Woodward may be able to help you. He has sold lots of minerals around Woodward area. He is real good. Also, the bank in Alva should have someone in their loan dept. That may be able to help you.

I need to obtain an independent appraisal supporting potential sale of mineral rights in Sec 13, T 28N, R 18W. Any recommendations on appraisers local to area?

Dick H.

Richard…Are they producing or non-producing minerals?

Nick - This site has active production wells. Chesapeake has one vertical and multiple horizontal wells. Based on production numbers, I believe they have minimized production.

Does anyone have experience with Shamrock Resources? Good, bad?

Unless you have to, it’s not the best time to sell producing minerals.

Hi , is there any activity in the area of section14- T 26N -16 W ?

thanks.

Midstates Petroleum just finished pooling in 14-26N-16W on Feb 7. OCC cause 201605777. They have a horizontal locaton exception 201604836 from Dec. 2016. Well in 180 days from Feb. 6, 2017.

Hi again, Thank you for this information. How do I fund the proper resource for telling them I am the heir to this area?

I get them all the time. Read your lease for the terms of that check. It essentially holds you for another year as if you were producing. But no royalties. You just get the small check instead. That is why it is important to limit those shut in time frames in any future leases. You don’t want them to hold a dead well for eternity and prevent you from leasing again.

This is a general question: I have small holding of mineral rights in Woods County - 3-year lease expired in 2014 with Chesapeake - no production. I would like to rid myself of this small holding as my son does not want to have to deal with it after I die. Any suggestions?

What can anyone tell me about Division Orders on very small mineral rights in Woods?

What can anyone tell me about Division Orders on very small mineral rights in Woods?