Weld County, Colorado - Oil & Gas Lease Offers

Does anyone know what the going rate for leases is in Weld County, CO T6 & 7N - R61 W would be as of this date?

Abdul said:

We leased about 400 acres in 9N64W a few weeks ago. From recent Weld County minutes it appears we settled about 20% too low.
Our water agent had suggested $200/acre and 20% and he was right on target.
We went with a local owner/landman/nieghbor because of his long local history of surface protection.

Weld County OIL & GAS LEASE BID TABULATIONS - May 03, 2010

Royalty was 20%.

http://www.co.weld.co.us/departments/Purchasing/CurrentRequests/Oil…

#1 SE¼ Section 8, Township 8N, and Range 64W containing 160.00 acres
$600/acre by Hoover and Stacy

#2 SE¼ Section 24, Township 8N, and Range 64W containing 160.00 acres
$600/acre by Hoover and Stacy

#3 SE¼ SE¼ Section 25, Township 9N, and Range 64W containing 40.00
$75.00/acre by Bold Resources

#4 S½ NE¼ Section 30, Township 9N, and Range 64W containing 80.00
$250/acre by Dwyer of Bold Resources

#5 S½ NW¼ Section 30, Township 9N, and Range 64W containing 80.34
$250/acre by Dwyer of Bold Resources

#6 ALL (in Colorado) Section 14, Township 12N, and Range 64W containing 22.07 acres
$114/acre by Bold Resources

#7 Lot 3, NE¼ SW¼ Section 31, Township 12N, and Range 64W containing 81.37 acres
$607/acrea by Hoover and Stacy

#8 NW¼ Section 6, Township 8N, and Range 65W containing 160.00
$570.00/acre by Eagle Land Services

#9 Tract in the NW¼ Sec 30, Twnsp 8N, and Range 65W containing 7.56
$705/acres by Hoover and Stacy

#10 SW¼ SE¼ Section 18, Twnsp 9N, and Range 65W containing 40.00
$513/acre by Hoover and Stacy

#11 SW¼ Section 33, Township 9N, and Range 65W containing 160.00
$302/acre by Bold Resources

#12 W½ SE¼ Section 28, Township 11N, and Range 65W containing 80.00
$875/acre by Eagle Land

25-10N-64W (320 acres) $305/acre by Hannon and Associates on 03/31/10

Wyoming (similar geologic area) is receiving 16 2/3 or 12 1/2 percent on its lease auctions.

http://oilshalegas.com/niobrarashale.html
Geological Map

May you have peace and prosper.

What the Hell? Somebody give me some help here!!! I gotta major deal in the works.

I think nobody knows because it looks like they’re all over the place. I would have to say just read all the pages on this forum and you will find some good advice.

W. Howard Pritchartt III said:

What the Hell? Somebody give me some help here!!! I gotta major deal in the works.

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

I think nobody knows because it looks like they’re all over the place. I would have to say just read all the pages on this forum and you will find some good advice.

You need to determine what you might have:

Use the web resource mineralplay dot com.

Scan the local area (activity has been in that region since the early 50’s) Start with your location and work outwards. (Green dots are wells) Look at the production records for active wells. Look at the log formation and depth of abandoned wells. At the moment Niobrara formation is hot. Without research you will not know if what you got is hot or not.

The information is public - make use of it.

Use the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation site to determine where - and who - is pulling permits.

As salamm Alaikum Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Thanks Abdul! Been there and done that. I don’t think there are any Niobrara wells permitted near my stuff. However, there are a lot of producing or formerly producing wells in other zones nearby. Peace be with you too my friend.

Abdul said:

Scan the local area (activity has been in that region since the early 50’s) Start with your location and work outwards. (Green dots are wells)
Look at the production records for active wells.
Look at the log formation and depth of abandoned wells. At the moment Niobrara formation is hot.
Without research you will not know if what you got is hot or not.

Use the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation site to determine where - and who - is pulling permits.

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Are you certain it is mineralplay.com? Because I tried to go to the site, but received an error message.

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

Scan the local area (activity has been in that region since the early 50’s) Start with your location and work outwards. (Green dots are wells)
Look at the log formation and depth of abandoned wells. At the moment Niobrara formation is hot.

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Mr. Kenny Love,

Mea Culpa - the correct location is RESOURCEPLAY dot com

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Are you certain it is mineralplay.com? Because I tried to go to the site, but received an error message.

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Thank you…much appreciation.

kl

Abdul said:

Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

OK folks I just got a written offer of $200.00/acre, 20% royalty for a three year lease containing a pugh clause. Good or bad? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Abdul said:

Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

In my humble opinion, that is a GREAT offer!

OK folks I just got a written offer of $200.00/acre, 20% royalty for a three year lease containing a pugh clause. Good or bad? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Abdul said:
Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Thank you for your humble opinion MS Mills! I notice quite a variation of offers throught Weld County. If I may be so humble to ask what you base your humble opinion on?

Carolyn Mills said:

Abdul said:
Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

I haven’t seen more than 20% royalties anywhere. I suppose you could hold out for 1 a one year term like another person on here got, and I think she got $300, too. I don’t know where her rights are located, though; maybe right next door to yours, which would certainly be beneficial to you. Since I am certainly no expert, that’s the best I can offer, my opinion, along with a wish of best of luck to you. I hope we all get rich… without having to even buy a lottery ticket or appear on a game show! Beats playing craps, anyway.

Thank you for your humble opinion MS Mills! I notice quite a variation of offers throught Weld County. If I may be so humble to ask what you base your humble opinion on?

Carolyn Mills said:

Abdul said:
Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

I love you people!!! I cannot thank you enough!!! Like Kenny Rogers, I know when to hold’em and when to fold’em.

Sherry Bynum said:

Yes, good offer, I signed a 1 year lease. You might try to counter offer with lower time.

Carolyn Mills said:
I haven’t seen more than 20% royalties anywhere. I suppose you could hold out for 1 a one year term like another person on here got, and I think she got $300, too. I don’t know where her rights are located, though; maybe right next door to yours, which would certainly be beneficial to you. Since I am certainly no expert, that’s the best I can offer, my opinion, along with a wish of best of luck to you. I hope we all get rich… without having to even buy a lottery ticket or appear on a game show! Beats playing craps, anyway.

Carolyn Mills said:

Abdul said:
Mr. Kenny Love,

Sincerely sorry,

Kenny Love said:

Kenny Love

Abdul said:

As salamm Alaikum
Peace Be Upon You

Thank you Ms Mills!

Carolyn Mills said:

Some recent local news articles.

Denver Business Journal Friday, May 14, 2010 “Landmen stir up Weld County as search for oil intensifies”

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2010/05/17/story5.html?b=1274068800%5E3349761&s=industry&i=energy

Northern Colorado Business Report May 12, 2010 “Thar She Blows” http://www.ncbr.com/article.asp?id=50595

Production Reports should soon appear.

For large corporations or “penny stock energy speculation” having a piece of Niobrara (Weld Co. DJ / Wattenberg) appears to be a “talking point” worthy of a “Press Release.”

Noble Energy and Niobrara June 09, 2010 http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2010/Noble-Energy-Onshore-Asset-Review-NBL0609.aspx

News Release June 07,2010, Denver, CO Petroleum Development Corporation http://www.petd.com/press.cfm

…agreement to increase its acreage position in the Wattenberg Niobrara to 70,000 net acres, 92% of which are held by production. Based on an extensive technical evaluation of its Wattenberg Niobrara. Expects first horizontal well in late 2010.

Petroleum Development Corporation Announces Agreement to Expand its Wattenberg Niobrara Position to Approximately 70,000 Net Acres and Plans to Drill its First Niobrara Horizontal Well in Q4

MAP in PDF doc for June 07,2010

News Release

June 3, 2010, 5:01 p.m. EDT Rex Energy - Niobrara Shale - leasing DJ Basin - average cost of $215 per net acre. Opened a new regional office in Denver. Plan to spud first test well in June/July

http://ir.rexenergycorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=476468

Gulfport News Release May 13, 2010 - Oklahoma City http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=82681&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1426680

Niobrara Shale Acquisition

Gulfport has entered into an agreement with a private seller to acquire a 50% interest in 48,935 gross (24,468 net) acres and certain producing properties located in the Niobrara Shale of Colorado for approximately $7.75 million. Gulfport will be the operator. Niobrara Shale Acquisition.

Gulfport estimates net proved reserves associated with these properties to be approximately 0.9 million barrels of oil. Current production from the acquired properties totals approximately 45 net (114 gross) barrels of oil per day from three producing wells with gross estimated ultimate recoveries per well ranging from 84,000 to 143,000 barrels of oil. These three wells utilized only traditional vertical drilling techniques

Gulfport has entered into an agreement with a private seller to acquire a 50% interest in 48,935 gross (24,468 net) acres and certain producing properties located in the Niobrara Shale of Colorado for approximately $7.75 million. Gulfport will be the operator.

ESER Oil and Gas Map and Background on Niobrara formation. Nebraska 95 percent success rate with seismic profile. EXCELLENT graphs and charts in links http://eser.org/oil-and-gas/Niobrara_Chalk#How_large_is_the_North-American_Niobrara_Chalk_natural_gas_play.3F

MDU Resources Group News Release April 30, 2010 http://www.mdu.com/News/Pages/NewsReleases.aspx

signed agreements to acquire additional acreage in the newly emerging Niobrara play, resulting in a total position of over 80,000 net acres

A Niobrara Shale Blog http://niobrarashale.typepad.com/niobrara-shale/

The Gulfport deal averages $315.00 per acre if you do the math. Does anyone know what the net revenue of the leases are being delivered to the buyer?

Abdul said:

For large corporations or “penny stock energy speculation” having a piece of Niobrara (Weld Co. DJ / Wattenberg) appears to be a “talking point” worthy of a “Press Release.”

Noble Energy and Niobrara
June 09, 2010
http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2010/Noble-Energy-Ons…

News Release
June 07,2010, Denver, CO
Petroleum Development Corporation
http://www.petd.com/press.cfm

…agreement to increase its acreage position in the Wattenberg Niobrara to 70,000
net acres, 92% of which are held by production. Based on an extensive technical evaluation of its Wattenberg Niobrara. Expects first horizontal well in late 2010.

Petroleum Development Corporation Announces Agreement to Expand its Wattenberg Niobrara Position to Approximately 70,000 Net Acres and Plans to Drill its First Niobrara Horizontal Well in Q4

MAP in PDF doc for June 07,2010

News Release

June 3, 2010, 5:01 p.m. EDT
Rex Energy - Niobrara Shale - leasing DJ Basin - average cost of $215 per net acre.
Opened a new regional office in Denver. Plan to spud first test well in June/July

http://ir.rexenergycorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=476468

Gulfport
News Release
May 13, 2010 - Oklahoma City
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=82681&p=irol-newsAr…

Niobrara Shale Acquisition

Gulfport has entered into an agreement with a private seller to acquire a 50% interest in 48,935 gross (24,468 net) acres and certain producing properties located in the Niobrara Shale of Colorado for approximately $7.75 million. Gulfport will be the operator. Niobrara Shale Acquisition.

Gulfport estimates net proved reserves associated with these properties to be approximately 0.9 million barrels of oil. Current production from the acquired properties totals approximately 45 net (114 gross) barrels of oil per day from three producing wells with gross estimated ultimate recoveries per well ranging from 84,000 to 143,000 barrels of oil. These three wells utilized only traditional vertical drilling techniques

Gulfport has entered into an agreement with a private seller to acquire a 50% interest in 48,935 gross (24,468 net) acres and certain producing properties located in the Niobrara Shale of Colorado for approximately $7.75 million. Gulfport will be the operator.

ESER Oil and Gas
Map and Background on Niobrara formation. Nebraska
95 percent success rate with seismic profile.
EXCELLENT graphs and charts in links
http://eser.org/oil-and-gas/Niobrara_Chalk#How_large_is_the_North-A…

MDU Resources Group
News Release
April 30, 2010
http://www.mdu.com/News/Pages/NewsReleases.aspx

signed agreements to acquire additional acreage in the newly
emerging Niobrara play, resulting in a total position of over 80,000 net acres

A Niobrara Shale Blog
http://niobrarashale.typepad.com/niobrara-shale/

Greeley Tribune June 12, 2010 New Drilling and Oil Boom in Weld County http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100612/NEWS/100619900&parentprofile=search

Greeley Tribune June 11, 2010 Noble and Nibrara in Weld County - Gemini Weld Co. largest producing well to date http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100611/BUSINESS/100619936&parentprofile=search

June 14, 2010 http://niobrarashale.typepad.com/niobrara-shale/ Noble has announced four horizontal wells that the company has drilled to date in the Niobrara Shale. The wells cost an average of $3.5 million, and had an average initial production rate of 585 barrels oil equivalent (BOE) per day.

The Gemini well was Noble Energy’s best well to date in the Niobrara Shale. The well was completed with a 4,000-foot lateral and a 16 stage hydraulic fracturing operation .

The Gemini well was spud on January 7, 2010, and averaged production of 500 barrels oil equivalent per (BOE) day during the first 60 days of production. The 4 wells produced an average of 290 BOE during the first 60 days,

The 4 horizontal wells drilled to date to the Niobrara Shale are Thunderhead, Wells Ranch, Gemini and 70 Ranch. All 4 wells are located in the Wattenberg Field in Weld County, Colorado.

Use “resourceplay.com” to explore your Colorado property. An interesting observation is that most of the Noble GEMINI wells fall in R64. Production Recorods for the Horizontals are not yet…on line…however…click on surrounding verticles and exprapolate.

The 4 horizontal wells drilled to date to the Niobrara Shale are Thunderhead, Wells Ranch, Gemini and 70 Ranch. All 4 wells are located in the Wattenberg Field in Weld County, Colorado.

Gemini k #01-99hz, Weld County, Colorado (Section 1, Township 4 North, Range 66 West) La Salle, Colorado – 1.1 miles Noble Energy Inc – from 7/8/2009 to present

Thunderhead usx ab #25-99hz, Weld County, Colorado (Section 25, Township 7 North, Range 64 West) Galeton, Colorado – 4.75 miles Noble Energy Inc – from 7/21/2009 to present

Wells Ranch aa #26-12hzb, Weld County, Colorado (Section 26, Township 6 North, Range 63 West) Cornish, Colorado – 4.41 miles Noble Energy Inc – from 9/10/2008 to present

70 Ranch usx bb #09-99hz, Weld County, Colorado (Section 9, Township 5 North, Range 63 West) Gill, Colorado – 5.52 miles Noble Energy Inc – from 6/15/2009 to present Spud date: 11/18/2009

Sherry Bynum said:

Does anyone happen to know the township these wells are located in?

Abdul said:
Greeley Tribune
June 12, 2010
New Drilling and Oil Boom in Weld County
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100612/NEWS/100619900&p…

Greeley Tribune
June 11, 2010
Noble and Nibrara in Weld County - Gemini Weld Co. largest producing well to date
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100611/BUSINESS/100619936&a…

June 14, 2010
Noble has announced four horizontal wells that the company has drilled to date in the Niobrara Shale. The wells cost an average of $3.5 million, and had an average initial production rate of 585 barrels oil equivalent (BOE) per day.

The Gemini well was Noble Energy’s best well to date in the Niobrara Shale. The well was completed with a 4,000-foot lateral and a 16 stage hydraulic fracturing operation

The Gemini well was spud on January 7, 2010, and averaged production of 500 barrels oil equivalent per (BOE) day during the first 60 days of production. The 4 wells produced an average of 290 BOE during the first 60 days,

Does anyone know anything about Swanson Production Company? The have applied for a bunch of 640 acre units to drill Niobrara wells but I can’t see where they have ever operated anything. Should one contest or appear at the hearings to voice concerns about this or could they be fronting for a larger operator practicing covert operaqtions? Thoughts anyone?

Abdul said:

Use “resourceplay.com” to explore your Colorado property.
An interesting observation is that most of the Noble GEMINI wells fall in R64.
Production Recorods for the Horizontals are not yet…on line…however…click on surrounding verticles and exprapolate.

The 4 horizontal wells drilled to date to the Niobrara Shale are Thunderhead, Wells Ranch, Gemini and 70 Ranch.
All 4 wells are located in the Wattenberg Field in Weld County, Colorado.

Gemini k #01-99hz, Weld County, Colorado
(Section 1, Township 4 North, Range 66 West)
La Salle, Colorado – 1.1 miles
Noble Energy Inc – from 7/8/2009 to present

Thunderhead usx ab #25-99hz, Weld County, Colorado
(Section 25, Township 7 North, Range 64 West)
Galeton, Colorado – 4.75 miles
Noble Energy Inc – from 7/21/2009 to present

Wells Ranch aa #26-12hzb, Weld County, Colorado
(Section 26, Township 6 North, Range 63 West)
Cornish, Colorado – 4.41 miles
Noble Energy Inc – from 9/10/2008 to present

70 Ranch usx bb #09-99hz, Weld County, Colorado
(Section 9, Township 5 North, Range 63 West)
Gill, Colorado – 5.52 miles
Noble Energy Inc – from 6/15/2009 to present
Spud date: 11/18/2009

Sherry Bynum said:
Does anyone happen to know the township these wells are located in?

Abdul said:
Greeley Tribune
June 12, 2010
New Drilling and Oil Boom in Weld County
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100612/NEWS/100619900&p…

Greeley Tribune
June 11, 2010
Noble and Nibrara in Weld County - Gemini Weld Co. largest producing well to date
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100611/BUSINESS/100619936&a…

June 14, 2010
Noble has announced four horizontal wells that the company has drilled to date in the Niobrara Shale. The wells cost an average of $3.5 million, and had an average initial production rate of 585 barrels oil equivalent (BOE) per day.

The Gemini well was Noble Energy’s best well to date in the Niobrara Shale. The well was completed with a 4,000-foot lateral and a 16 stage hydraulic fracturing operation