Ward County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Lease Bonus varies depending upon the area. If you are in central, western, or northern Ward County your bonus offer could easily be over $800 per acre, and the other terms should also be addressed, such as a 1/4 royalty interest and other clauses. You should contact an attorney in the West Texas area who is familiar with the leasing trends and problems to assist you in getting a fair lease. At least do not agree to the lease terms without checking out your offers with other mineral owners in the area.

Answer to: A 23 stage “PEAK” completion! When the well has been drilled to maximun depth explosive charges are inserted into the line which blow holes in the casing and wall to penitrate the earth. Frac fluid is then injected under high pressure to fracture the earth and allow product to enter the pipeline which is the start of production.

A short answer.

I have inherited a share in section 63 block 33 and have recently been advised by my partnership that the majority shareholder (also acting general managing partner) wants to form an LLC. Through the last few years he has offered to buy my share. Dont know if i should agree, and is there hope for my land?

Bret,

I would check the Will of the party who passed on to see if it leaves the propety to family members. Was the property in an estate? Sale of land

you would need the propety location in Texas, Lot and Block numbers and then go to the county recorders office and do your home work on the property. Have the Taxs been paid on the land? You will need as much information as you have availabe from the deceased family member records and these may go back many years.

My suggestions.

Mike

Thanks, Mike for the suggestions. I’ll look for the county records.

bret

Can someone tell me where I can find information on the sale of land in the past couple years? Trying to find out how/if ownership has passed down to me and other relatives due to death in family. Thanks.

I have an intrest in the phantom wolf camp shell section147 block 34 They were suppose to move the rig on location the 3/28/12 But I havent talked to them recently. does anyone know if its there?

Attorney or landman?

I recently found out that I inherited some acreage in the NE part of Sec 7 Block 33 H&TC RR.Survey. I was sent a letter by a landman who offered $600/ac lease bonus and 20% royalty. based on what I have read this seems low. Does anyone have an idea about the going rate in this area of the county? Thank you

$1200/acre and 1/4 royalty pretty common. Maybe even better on bonus. Depends on size of interest, also.

Yea Wade please send me a message about both choices.

Thank you Wade. Other than Scoggins, who you indicate does not email, is there anyone in Midland that can assist me further? We have 30 acres of the 310 acres of property described below

I replied to that request.

both… I assume I need both.

If you just want to negotitiate a better deal with this offer, you can go with an attorney. If you want to shop your acreage, a landman may be better. If you want to send me a message, I can explain further.

sent you a friend request so we can email directly.

Please let me know if you have any suggested additions to my list of online resources for mineral owners.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources…

Vernon, thank you for the info on ROW in Trinity County TX.

I would like to know if anyone in Ward County is dealing with Enterprise

Pipeline Co. and what they are paying per ROD for damage on ROW and

the details for the agreement?

Thank you

Mike

does anyone have information on upcoming drilling in section 135, block 34, a large amount of interest was put on this section 6 months ago

Larry, we re-leased some mineral interests in Ward County just a few months ago for $2200.00 per acre. There continues to be quite a bit of activity in the county and I am hearing that $2500.00 should be your base at this point. Your quote of $500.00 is extremely low! Also make sure you are getting 25% on your Royalty…that’s the BIG number in this basin.