Ward County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Susan...when you say you spoke to JPE land office, do you mean the guys in Denver? If not and it is someone local, I would like to talk to them too. Hard to get anyone in Denver to reply to questions.

For Susan Van Siclen........

Latest GIS Map of Ward County Block 34/Section 63:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Susan, I am also in section 63 block 34 and spoke with Jagged Peaks land man for that specific section about 2 weeks ago. I was given all the info on 3 wells that spud, 2 in November and one in December. They are set to complete the end of March. If you look at the map that Clint Liles provided, you can see the 3 that run through our section and I was told that a 4th well is in the works as well.

Randy Duggan, I have all of the numbers for the land man, lease manager, and division order analyst for Jagged Peak if you need them.

Thank you Elizabeth. I sent you a friend request.

Elizabeth, We were given differing time tables but in either case good news! I like yours better.

Hello everyone, My name is Rainey. I am new at this and would like some friends. I have land in Ward County. So I have been listening in on the blogs here to learn a few things.

Hi, Rainey. Welcome. I'll send you a friend request. I'm a mineral owner in Ward also. Linton

Halcón Resources Announces Acquisition of 22,617 Net Acres in Ward County, Texas at an Average Price of $14,674/acre and Provides an Update on Recent Operated Well Results NYSE:HK

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/06/1333954/0/en/Halcón-Resources-Announces-Acquisition-of-22-617-Net-Acres-in-Ward-County-Texas-at-an-Average-Price-of-14-674-acre-and-Provides-an-Update-on-Recent-Operated-Well-Results.html

Halcón Resources Announces Acquisition of 22,617 Net Acres in Ward County, Texas at an Average Price of $14,674/acre and Provides an Update on Recent Operated Well Results NYSE:HK

http://https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/06/1333954/0/en/Halcón-Resources-Announces-Acquisition-of-22-617-Net-Acres-in-Ward-County-Texas-at-an-Average-Price-of-14-674-acre-and-Provides-an-Update-on-Recent-Operated-Well-Results.html

Hello again, I have been out of commission for a few months but wanted to respond with possible useful information

Traveling to look at your land in Ward County is a waste of assets as there is only miles of brush, You will not find your land as nothing is marked or surveyed out other than what is on the county map.

Ten years ago I wanted to know if my lease was being drilled by Cimarex so I hired the manager of the local water district who knows the area to investigate and paid him $100 for the job, worth every dollar.

In August 2017 we leased our MR to Carrizo Oil & Gas company, 3 years, 25% royalty for $15,000 per net Mineral Acre. Sec 1 Blk 1

Offers to purchase mineral Rights come in all the time and many are signed by the same person on several different company letterhead.

They are sending out farming letters to see who might respond to their offers which vary by company. I track the companies for reference.

Can someone point me to a Land Surveyer for my property in Ward County?

I am owned the 20.4 acres, more or less, being Lots 47, 48, 50 and 51 of the NW/2 of Section 11, Block 33 H&TC Survey, Ward County, Texas . How much I can sell per acres or Now much I can lease for Oil and Gas Per acre.

Thanks,

Randy Cheng

Have you tried checking the Tx RRC site to get updates and info on activity? That is a good source once you get it figured out as to how to use it.

In the meantime. I checked DrillingInfo.com (subscription site) as to new permits in Block 1 in Ward Co over past year. Active (over 60 permits / mostly horizontal) but not as much when compared to Block 34 (twice as many permits over same period).

Operators include Felix, Anadarko and Jagged Peak - all proven operators.

PDF showing permits and API number attached.

untitledBlock%201%20permits%20past%20year.pdf

Thank you very much. That is a great chart. Much appreciated.

Shell has just sold its leases in sothern Block 1 and northern Block 34 to Halcon Resources. These are the the Shell operated sections.

I have land only in Ward county in the Pyote area and would like to put it to good use, however 1st I need to have it surveyed. I am asking for help. Can someone here help me

Do any owners have any early "pre RRC" info on new wells permitted in November of 2017 Shell Western lease in Block 1, Section 22 in Ward? Positive results at 12K depth? I know the existing wells were way deeper.

According to DrillingInfo, the Wright 1-22 W just set 7" casing @ 12,068' on March 15th. Assuming this is intermediate casing with next steps being to drill the horizontal wellbore.

The Wright 1-22E only reports surface casing set in late January - same time as the Wright 1-22W had its surface casing set. Figure that Shell had a shallow rig do surface casing on both back to back (same surface location). And now have moved in a big rig to drill the horizontal part of the hole. So my guess is that once the Wright 1-22W is at TD in lateral, the rig will be skid over and the Wright 1-22E will be drilled to TD in its lateral.

Also note that Shell permitted a third lateral (3H) in February on this same pad

Thanks, Rock Man. It will be interesting to see what happens because we are next door. Our operator has not re-worked our wells. We have had many offers to purchase. Results seems mixed in our Ward area. We are also in Culbertson and things are much better -- a newer field. But back to Ward, we are currently 11.5 TD; and then Pennzoil went way down to 19 TD in the seventies. We are holding on because we are wondering if the operators have missed the "Wolfcamp" in between these programs. More to come? Who knows at this point.