Ward County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Wolfcamp asked-

“Does your lease call for a 25% landowner’s royalty?”

It depends on the price of the lease. The lower the NMA $ the more per NMA royality. I’m not exposing this yet as I asked for a non 2 yr lease option. Awaiting his reply.

Richard-

Check carefully. That sounds like a purchase offer.

not even close. its a sell all for me. no lease and no production land. got a nice offer to buy it all.

Contract signed to sell it all.

What to you settle for? $/nma = ?

Case, went with highest bidder. 2nd was $12k for nma, 7.5 nma

good morning. I am hoping to

get clarity on a question I had earlier. our family has a very good producing well called Eiland unit 7-33. The driller has asked to lease the multiple zones not held by production. Question 1- is it common to lease multiple zones individually? Question 2. The existing well is proven. What are lease rates per acre for additional depths…zones? Thank you.

There are two section 18 areas along the Pecos River in Ward County. In one, Cimarex is drilling horizontal wellbores.

Both have historical vertical oil production.

Suggest you go to the Tx RRC site and zero in your area to see more activity details.

There are a series of scrap file sections located east of Block 33, Sections 1 thru 24, which are all GG Houston survey. Section 18, GG Houston is a river section close to Section 7, Block 33. There has been a lot of leasing in Section 18, GG Houston, primarily by Jagged Peak Energy. These companies are good at researching title and you can contact Jagged Peak to see if you own any minerals under your surface tract. In many of these sections, the minerals have been severed from the surface. The surface has been platted and the lots sold only conveyed surface.

JERRY,

I see 19 Section 18 in Ward County but none with G G Houston Survey. Do you have a Abstract and Block number?

Clint Liles

Hello Judy,

To the south about 2 miles I see where EOG has drilled some decent Horizontal natural gas wells into the Montoya formation.

Link to Production Data on horizontal well 34678/Caprito 98/Lease # 190099/well # 1H:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab…

GIS Map of Ward County Sec.85, 86, 95, 96/Block F////G & MMB & A:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Block F, G&MMB&A Survey, Secs 85, 86, 95, and 96 Have a small interest in the minerals under the sections listed above. Have recently been approached to lease by a landman in the Odessa/Midland area with plans to broker the lease to Sundown Energy out of Ft. Worth/Dallas. Have also had an offer by MidCon. Can anyone tell me what is going on in this area, and how to determine my actual net mineral acres under each section? I do own exactly the same interest in all four sections. Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated.

Judy,

try calling the Ward County Clerks office for help pertaining to your net acreage.

http://www.co.ward.tx.us/default.aspx?Ward_County/County.Clerk

Clint Liles

Hi out there,

Does anyone know/heard/done business with COPPER CREEK ROYALTY CO.? I have been contacted regarding selling my surface/mineral rights for a substantial price, better than any other offers to date. I am evaluating the company/offer and want information if any of you have done business with CCR. I know never sell royalties!

What is taking place close to the GAS PLANT in relation to the new P B discovery just announced. The well we are involved in is 5K deep & 5K horizontal & fracked. Is there fresh water reserves bellow the 5K foot depth and what level?

Thank you for the input.

Mike

Does anyone know of a map that shows the latest information about where – within Ward County – the Wolfcamp is a viable play? My family has received a nice offer from one of these mineral purchasing outfits even though the Bone Spring wells in our section are really slowing down big time. I wish I could make an educated guess as to whether wells in our section will be re-completed as Wolfcamp. Operator is non-responsive to my request for info. The whole sector is anything but transparent, that’s for sure.

They’ve closed around 10 purchases in Ward County, all since September 1, 2016. They immediately convey all purchases to another company as far as I can tell through online deed records.

@Marcus: Do you know what the other company is?

Sourcing Rock, LLC

Looks like offer was around 8K. Thanks for your input. I don’t think we are going to sell. We’ll wait for more information. Driller has no plans to further develop tract right now. Just heard from a landman. Hopefully the future will bring further development.

Seems like all the Wolfcamp action is down around Block 34. I was frankly surprised to see an offer come to us. We are up in Block 1.