Unleased

I like it......

George, I had seen the name Lawlis on many transactions. That's interesting.

Bill and I have part of the surface of Sec. 25, Blk 13 (aka W. L. Adams Survey). The topography is beautiful there. A large canyon, dry creek beds, red dirt, pretty cedar trees. And there's a buzzard roost! If you ever come up this way, look us up and we will show you around. The part of Sec 25 we don't have belongs to a man named Joe Swan who has a large game ranch. It is Champion Ranch, they have a website you should look at. My whole family stayed there one weekend and it was a good stay.

My aunt, who married Eelon Harrell, was Buena Vista Wulfjen Harrell. My grandmother Wulfjen was also Buena Vista. I spent a lot of time at Vista and Eelon's house. She taught me how to catch a bass, cook, and sew. Eelon always had a project he would work on, mini bikes, small motorcycles, so I always had something to putt around on at their house. Some of my best kid memories.

I had seen the name Lawlis numerous times, but I didn't know it was your kin folks. I am glad to know.

George D. Cato said:

Toni, Mr. Casebolt leased many properties in West Texas in the 40's. I thought I recognized the name and looked at my files for Mitchell County and found a lease by Mr. Casebolt which was subsequently sold to L.E. Edwards and J.D. Thompkins, who then assigned the West 80 Acres of that lease to my wife's Uncle (Paul F. Lawlis). The property (All of Fractional Section No. 25, Block 13, H&TCRy. Co. Survey) was owned by the Wulfjen family (one daughter married a man R.E. Harrell) and leased to W.D. Casebolt in 1946. In 1947, Paul Lawlis assigned the West 80 acres of the lease to S.F. Hurlbut but retained an interest described as "an oil payment in the amount of $120,000.00 payable out of 1/16 of 7/8 of all oil and gas which may be produced.

Paul Lawlis later assigned his retained interest to Lawlis Minerals, Inc which now has three owners, my wife's mother, and two cousins.

I have found several interests which derived from Mr. Casebolt. Small world.