Understanding mineral rights legal description

An update for those who are getting up-to-speed (as I am) and don’t already know…

Since Caddo is one of the few OK counties that does not have mineral records available online, I called the number from Richard_Winblad’s list. The person I spoke to said that their database only goes back to 1993. Prior to that, you have to look at books. She offered to look a few things up for me from the database while we were on the phone. She also took some information and researched the books, then called me back with her findings. I don’t know if they are always so willing to research, or if I just caught her on a slow day.

She also explained that some court records are available online:

• https://www.oscn.net/courts/caddo
  • Click the “Court Records” link at the top to see several options.
  • I used the “Search OSCN Dockets” link on the left side.
  • Filter by Caddo County drop-down, enter other relevant info in the “Search By Party” section to limit (or leave blank to expand) your results, then click “Go” button.

For example, I found my parent’s marriage license. She thought they may also have probate records, but I could not find anything for my situation. I called the main number from the website and spoke to someone who looked things up for me, which confirmed my results.

So in my experience, the Caddo court clerks seem to be very helpful for those of us who cannot easily travel there to do research.