Tyler County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

DT,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Nancy M. is the Lessor’s friend, Not the Lessee’s. Lessor = Mineral Owner ~ Lessee = Production Company

OOOPS, my bad Wv MO. Nancy is the lessors friend and mine too. She will make me buy her dinner this fall for that snafu.

Nancy, all that fighting with them got us sued. Lol After we finally agreed to terms I can see why they pursued us. One of their wells went right down the middle of one tract.

Spot on DT! Having a good oil and gas attorney helps as well. The best ones know what the company will give on and what they won’t, and can get the best deal for their clients. Some people have such small acreage that they feel that it won’t be worth their money to involve an attorney. If you are as good at research as DT and as stubborn, you can do it yourself. He really fought his way to a good lease. And, if your acreage is in a place they really want they will work with you better. Or fight you harder!

Scott Seckman. I own the surface and most of the minerals on the property that you have interest. I can probably answer any questions you may have, inbox me.

Hello. my wife just received an oil & gas lease for a small parcel I’m assuming she inherited located nearby Point Pleasant Creek, Ellsworth District, Tyler County from Antero Resources that specifies 3 Tax Parcel ID’s. Can someone tell me how I can identify where these parcels are on a map? Thank you!!

You can contact the Tyler County Assessor’s office and ask for a tax map for the map number listed. Ask the Clerk how to buy the copy.

Donald,

I have copies of the Ellsworth District maps, if you wish to email me here on the site and share your personal email address, and which maps / parcels are mentioned in the lease, I will send the necessary maps.

I am the Lessor of 17 acres with Jay Bee Industries. The lease will expire in 3 years. However, the lease reads that it will continue indefinitely as long as there is activity on the site. Am I able to renegotiate any of the royalties, or even bonuses, of the lease upon its expiration?

Tim,

I cannot foresee any circumstances in which you would be able to renegotiate a lease, once it is Held By Production. (HBP) Not knowing when the lease was entered into, not seeing the lease in person, I doubt you are in a good position.

The only circumstance that I can speculate you would have any hope, would be if Pooling was not included in the original lease, but suspect it was included.

Good Luck

Keeping in mind, this is just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for my opinion…

$4,000.00 / NMA is low, I would not hesitate to offer you $4,500.00 / NMA.

WV Mineral Owner

I agree, and pooling was included. I have been offered $4,000/acre to sell my rights. Royalties are running about $210/month. The offer looks pretty good to me.

Was that an offer?

I agree. tim.woodburn@yahoo.com

Tim,

I cannot foresee any circumstances in which you would be able to renegotiate a lease, once it is Held By Production. (HBP) Not knowing when the lease was entered into, not seeing the lease in person, I doubt you are in a good position.

The only circumstance that I can speculate you would have any hope, would be if Pooling was not included in the original lease, but suspect it was included.

Good Luck

I agree, and pooling was included.

I have been offered $4,000/acre to sell my rights. Royalties are running about $210/month. The offer looks pretty good to me.

Keeping in mind, this is just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for my opinion...

$4,000.00 / NMA is low, I would not hesitate to offer you $4,500.00 / NMA.

WV Mineral Owner