Tech Support and Help Q&A

Many thanks.

Thanks Nancy for inputing the wording. I guess the message I am getting is that there is no need for the forum to upgrade to https from http because we do not need the added security.

Regards,

Will

Just this week, many of the email notices regarding discussions come up with a Page not found notice when I try to read them. Then I have to go back to my email, find the county, go back to the Groups page, open the county and the postings are right there in the discussions. Comment wall seems to work.

I keep getting error messages saying, “our apologies, this page was not found,.” And as some other member said, if she went to the group where it was posted, there was the page. After I read her post, I tried that tonight and it did indeed work. Just thought I’d make mention of this.

I am having the same problem this morning. Error messages on three different postings. Where is IT support?

So lately when I get emails notifying me of posts to the group Reeves County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion on Mineral Rights Forum, when I click on the link it takes me to a "not found" page. What has happened that the links don't work anymore? Here's the latest link I got:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/reeves-county-tx-oil-gas/forum/topic/show?id=4401368%3ATopic%3A764562&xg_source=msg

They used to work just fine!

I'm experiencing the same problem to and it's frustrating.

OK wierd. It's working again.....wth?

Yes, I’m still having the same problem also, very frustrating. And no one is listening to us. WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT??

I'm not getting email notifications when someone comments in one of my groups. I have logged out, then logged in; triple-checked my settings, made sure I have "Follow-email me..." for all pages. Tech support said they'd "look into it" about 6 months ago. (Using MAC OS Sierra but that should not make any difference). Thanks in advance for any advice.

It's the Russians!

Oh, good, I thought it was the Zombies!!

Well, it is the day before Halloween...

It appears that the links between the email notifications and the Discussions has broken in quite a few counties. The Comments Board seems to work. I have found that if you go to the groups link above and then pick the county, the messages are there, just super annoying to have to slow down to do that.

Tech folks, please help!

M. Barnes -- you stated the situation correctly... except I don't get e-mail notifications of new postings on the Comments Board... these problems have persisted for several months now... detrimental to attracting new users for sure... and/or loosing old users. Later -- Buzz

M. Barnes--I use the county link in My Groups and, although it indicates a comment was recently made, some of the discussion comments are not even being posted in each group. Frustrating because I learn a lot from all my groups.

On top of that, I keep getting my postings a day or more after they have been posted...

Buzz, (and all)

You'll be seeing a significantly more robust platform here soon, within 45 days. It will solve many of the current shortcomings of the current software platform. Thanks for your patience and contributions to the MRF.

Kenny -- thanks for the update... at least the Tech support board seems to be working just fine. Later -- Buzz

How do I delete some old posts?