Sheridan County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

If you go to ESER.org, you can see wells in your area. In this case there are 2 dry holes at the south end of your section. If your old lease has expired, you would be able to release, probably with a much more favorable bonus and royalty % 17% and above. We have heard that Gramson has been leasing in the area for Shakespeare. Ask for Matt Robinson 406-696-5907. Be sure to have an attorney review any documents before you sign anything.

Wade, from looking at the Montana map, there are some wells operated by Northern Production in the nisku and winipegosis formations in section 23 just below you and the wellbores do enter your section but they don't go as far as the NE 1/4. I wouldn't just assume that Northern Production is Great Northern, northern is a common part of the name of many companies. I think you need to find the pooling order to see if your minerals are pooled with these wells and wellbores. I dislike ESER.org because I think it likely that it didn't show the wellbores that actually collect the oil. The wellhead can be in another section and nobody actually under the wellhead is receiving royalties, the wellbore along with pooling is what matters. If the spacing is 2 section 1280 acre, these are your wells, if it's not, they probably aren't and if you didn't have an extention clause or move so the extention notice and check went to the wrong place, your lease has probably expired. I hope I have at least set you on the path to getting some answers. I helped a friend who was dealing with Great Northern, they were trying to take advantage of her inexperience. Verify anything that Great Northern tells you. Good luck.

Great help. I will be taking advantage of the next few days off and dig into all the websites. I made a couple of calls today and got a good start. Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't consider anything involving Gramson Resource Management or whoever they may be leasing for now. They owe tens of thousands of dollars to their employees and millions in outstanding leases. Matt Robinson isn't someone to be trusted.

Thanks for the information on my last posts. I have a new question today and could use some help . The attorney that my brother has been working with, Mr. O'Toole, is having serious medical problems and told my brother he needed to find another attorney. Gave him the name of one, last name Savage I believe, but they do not deal with mineral rights. So we are back to square one and need to find a new attorney. Would appreciate any ideas/input. Also wondering is there any new activity in Montana? Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

You can try Laura Christoffersen. She is located in Culbertson and has handled my and my wife's families affairs and we are very satisified with all of her work. Her office is in Culbertson, MT Telephone 406-787-5700.

I agree with Larry in that Laura Christoffersen is very good. I used her law firm on several occasions and the service was very professional and well done.

Thanks Charles and Larry. I appreciate the information.

Kathy:

In regards to your previous inquiry regarding current activity in Montana, there has been an increase over the past few months in new drilling permits but the Eastern MT area drilling activity still remains slow as rigs are mainly tied up in the ND area. This will interesting in 2013 - 2014 as numerous leases begin to expire in the MT area and I will predict that the drilling acitity will increase due to these expiring leases. Acutally, the mineral owner should benefit in that top leasing or lease renewals should be at a much higher % royalty and bonuses should be decent.

Has anyone recently leased in the area of T31N; Section 59E near the ND border. Marathon has several outstanding drilling permits for this area and they have drilled and completed several wells in the area as part of their Diomedes Prospect. My lease will expire in December of this year and was curious about the current bonus amounts for this area.

Our lease area is 31N 56E and the lease should be up in November. We haven’t received any offers for a new lease yet. When do you normally start hearing from companies that might be interested?

Deann:

Normally, you can expect any top lease offers to occur from 6 months to 2 months prior to a lease expiring. Watch out as this is where "low-balling" sometimes occurs as there are those looking for a deal. Best bet, let the lease expire and deal with others holding an expired lease. Second, don't get in a hurry and let time be on your side as you will get a better bonus/royalty %.

Thanks Charles. We are waiting it out and hoping for a great bonus and percentage.

Deann:

Also, be aware of the length of the lease. I would not consider any lease over 3 yrs. and no extension. These areas will eventually be developed and there are too many unknowns about what lies beneath in the various zones. By limiting your lease term, if the area becomes hot in a particular area over the next few years, this will leave you some negotiating power.

Things must be slow. I have been out of contract for my oil rights for over six months and not a single person has contacted me. How's the activity in the area?

Jason:

The Sheridan County area remains slow in regards to lease renewals but I foresee additional interests to increase over the next few years if the price of oil remains high and as leases in other areas become HBP.

Please email me about activity in Sheridan Conty. jackfran@wowway.com

I have 320 acres leased out there.

I am not good at understanding all the aspects of a site. Please email me at jackfran@wowway.com if you have info on Sheridan CT Montana. I have leased 320 acres there for mineral rights. Lease is up for renewal very soon. Jack Tucker Phone # 865-357-1398

My wife & I own and have leased M & O rights on 320 acres. The contract is for 3 years with a 2 year option. It come up in April of 2014. I would welcome anyone's input on what I should do. Jack Tucker emailjackfran@wowway.com

Thanks for your response regarding my 320 acres in Sheridan County. Please email me at jackfran@wowway.com

The lease is up April this year and I welcome your input.

Jack Tucker