Seeking advice regarding Oil Properties in Texas

Dear Chris,

I'm late as usual, but I wanted to tell you to buy them minerals. My Grandad started a town in West Texas in 1923, and some of his wells are still pumping out there. 20 years ago when my mom died, my sister and I split her oil and gas properties that were left in the Trust Department of Big Red, 20 years ago we got $1000.00 a month, since that time old fields have been re-drilled some with the new horizontal Techniques and now were getting 6000 each a month, so never say never, and don't sell those minerals, just like land, they are not making any more minerals.

Continued Success on your journey,

Sincerely,

Chris

A new twist! After I paid my sister half of the highest bid 7 months ago…recently (about a month ago) one of the companies disclosed that they have 2 “mystery” accounts belonging to my departed mother, which the trustee was not even aware of its existence! At the same time of this new discovery, I just started my own business and have invested all my money into my business. The current trust balance is only about $6K. I know it may cost a fortune to have an audit done on all my mother’s parcels, just to find out if there are more of the mystery accounts that may exist. The trustee wants to close the trust account, but with these new found properties to be straightened out; it does not make any sense to close this trust account? I wish someone could tell me if it is even worth to have an audit done at this point, and where should I find the one who could do it?

Dear Chris,

I found missing money of $9000 in the Texas Unclaimed Funds website, I suggest you look at the unclaimed funds for the state you live in for any missing monies there. Then perhaps you know someone at a Accounting Firm. I would inquire there about the agency within your state that audits Trusts? Your might be a private one, unlike mine that is held at Bank Red. If is a private one perhaps a forensic accountant will be what your looking for. Since the company disclosed the two mystery accounts, did they also tell you her instructions for those accounts. As far as the parcels, I could not afford what you seek, so I went to County Court House in my Spare time and between the nice land men and help from others, I dug through the records of every property my folks purchased and sold. It's very interesting, to discover what your folks where doing while you were growing up.

Good Luck and continued Success in all endeavors,