Section Map Needed

Thanks! This explains it well. I can only assume(?) that, at the time, surface owners might have felt there was more money to be made in selling portions of their mineral rights than retaining them for a later investment.

My family has passed down rights in those sections too! My family name is Gibbs!

Titanium Energy is offering to purchase minerals in Sect 13.

Isn’t this the Connell 12-13? Been producing some years now. I’m Joe Gentry. My family homesteaded there.

On the paperwork, it shows as Connell 2-13-12-1XHS.

I also received another offer from Emerald Bay Royalties for purchase.

What I am understanding from the paperwork that I received, it is only mineral rights that are included.

How much was the purchase offer for?

$8500 per acre. The proposal from Continental was a lease request. It specifically mentioned a lease. I’m not sure why if it has already been in production, but I would like to know why my family is just now finding out about this.

1 Like

Hi jvfierro, We also received this letter in reference to Connell Sections 1,12 and 13-3S-4W. We inherited this share through my in laws, my husband’s father. We had no idea that this even existed and we are not sure how to start even researching any of this. I do know that my in-laws have received royalties in the past, maybe 10 years ago, from a property that had drilling.

Does anyone that has replied to this thread know how to research or what website to visit to find out where else they owned mineral rights?? Or is there a database to visit to find the royalties that were paid to them and who it was paid by?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Also, we received a letter to purchase our rights. This letter came from Titanium Energy and they offered $11,500 per acre.

1 Like

Joseph: This is a new well being proposed by Continental. Actually, 3 new wells covering portions of Sections 1, 12 & 13.

You can search for possible probate cases for your father-in-law’s parents in Oklahoma here: OSCN Docket Search Generally, you would want to pull the final order.

Want to search land records statewide? Sixty-five counties are available through OkCountyRecords and it is possible to do a remedial name search through that link. Twelve counties listed below must be searched individually:

Caddo County —Search

Canadian County– Search

Cleveland County Clerk Search

Creek County– Search

Garfield County, Search

Oklahoma County-Search

Payne County —Search

Pottawatomie County– Search

Rogers County Clerk—Search

Tulsa County Clerk Subscription based or Free Pre-Statehood to 1923 Wagoner County —Search

Woods, Search

Be aware that older records may not be available online

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2 Likes

I received that letter as well. If you find anything, can you please let me know?

Would it be beneficial for us to hire an attorney to help us with this and tracking this information down for us? Not sure what kind of process it would be. The father in law left a will that was probated in Alabama. And I believe that it how we were tracked down by Bearcat. I am having no luck, so far, tracking the mineral rights down using my father in laws name, but I have not given up yet!

Both of you guys are are listed as respondents in these regulatory filings. Bearcat works on behalf of Continental and they send out filings to anyone that owns or could maybe possibly own in any of these sections. The purchase offers you are getting are mass mailers and they aren’t targeting you specifically. If you call one of these companies back they aren’t going to be able to tell you how much you own or even if you own minerals at all, only that if you do own they’ll pay x amount per acre if you’re leased at that royalty. And also they are not paying 11,500/ac based on the 12.5% royalty you’d be “leased” at since you got pooled. Hope this helps, we don’t want you to sign up for something you don’t know the whole story too.

We do not plan on selling! All of this interests me way too much. How do you find the filing on line with the listing of all the respondents?

We are out of state mineral owners who inherited rights also. Before we could receive royalty payments we had to file a probate in Oklahoma. We used Tim Dowd at Elias, Books, Brown, and Nelson in OKC. Many people on this site have used him. I have no connection to him other than as a client and I am sure there are many reputable attorneys in Ok that would handle it well.

Our royalties were held for nearly a year before we could get the docs filed and accepted but you are due interest on those held funds per state law.

Once you get over Oklahoma forcing you to file a separate probate the process isn’t hard or too expensive.

2 Likes

You can look up respondents list on the Electronic Case Filing website.
https://oklahoma.gov/occ/court-dockets/electronic-case-filing.html

Read the manual first (green), then you may need to use the red one and register to look up the section, township and range, or use the green one if you already know the case numbers.

1 Like

Go contact CLR (Continental) by email and tell them you received regulatory orders and ask them what you need to do to get into pay status.

1 Like

Hi Todd, Thanks for responding! Any other information available about the 3 possible wells? We got the $11.5k offer to sell too, so makes it seem something is going on.