Operator's opinion vs my opinion

My latest check shows payments in Pecos County for the Jolly Jumper 310H and 508H. I show 2 other wells in production that I am not being paid on. The Jolly Jumper 705H and 704H. My deed shows my ownership is the s 1/2 of the s 1/2 in this section.

I’ve been in contact with XTO. They say I don’t have an interest in these wells. They offer no explanation other than that. Just wondering if anyone might have a suggestion of what i can do to determine who is correct.

I’m not sure how that can be the case if you are in the S/2 of the S/2. All the wells penetrate some portion of that tract.

Long story, but I know a little bit about that unit. XTO has not, to my knowledge, sent out DOs on those wells yet. Some delay on allocation calcs or something and I don’t think anyone has gotten paid for the two new wells. XTO is kind of a mess. So there is probably a decent chance that it will all work out and the person you talked to doesn’t understand or there was some miscommunication. Or maybe I heard wrong.

I’d keep calling them. Ask them to explain the allocation math for the old wells and new wells, specifically in the context of you showing an interest in the old wells and not the new wells.

2 Likes

704H.pdf (375.4 KB) 705H.pdf (377.7 KB)

Here are the plats, they clearly go into the S2S2. They didn’t start producing that long ago, maybe they’re still sorting that out if you want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Yep XTO is a different type of company to deal with. Took close to a year to get my interest in the 1st wells to a pay status. Lots of emails as ive never had luck on the phone.

Ill give this a bit more time and see if DO’s arrive. If not a registered letter sent to their headquarters sometimes works…

i heard DOs going out in next few weeks. Unfair advantage as former employee. :wink:

So if you don’t hear anything by mid-April I might write that letter to Darren Woods.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.