Any new oil gas leases here

I was wondering if there have been any new leases going on in Woods County west of Hopeton. Sandridge had a 3 year lease on some of my land in sec. 3-24N-15W but did not renew it due to their financial difficulties. A 320 + acre controlling interest for the section is available for lease. This is by the Avard and Hwy 281 intersection.

No leases in that area in the last 999 days.

Just wondering if there have been any leases in Woods County lately?

Welcome to the forum. Please give a township and range. Your question is too broad.

1 Like

I’m interested in Sec. 12-28N-20W and Sec. 13-28N-20W and the surrounding.

No new leases in the last two years in those two sections. 13 has two horizontal wells, so they may be holding that section.

Thank you. We were wondering what those minerals might be worth now if someone was wanting to purchase them.

Can’t give you an exact answer on that. Each buyer has their own formula for what they are interested in. Some have a certain number of months looking forward for currently producing wells, a very few pay a bit extra if there are pending wells, but most of them will not mention that since that is where they make their profit in their business model. You can look up www.okcountyrecords.com and look for any current sales nearby to see who is buying. It is free to look.

1 Like

As Martha said, everyone has a different way of evaluating minerals “worth” but in inactive areas with no revenue, I’ve been seeing minerals go for $25-100/ac in auctions. Closer to $25 in Oklahoma.