Scurry county leasing

I have mineral interest in Gaines County and could certainly use some help in securing the best lease terms. On May 28, you mentioned to Debby that you would give her the name of a landman who could help her out. I certainly would appreciate that name if you feel comfortable in further sharing.

Stretch, This is a link to a Gaines county post in this forum which may have information of interest to you. Are your minerals north, south, east, or west of Seminole? Have you been contacted by a company about leasing?

My sister and I leased some mineral rights back in September 2018. There didn’t seem much going on at the time and it seems we took a much lower sum. :frowning: We have a 3 yr lease at $250/acre and 20% royalty with a 2 year extension at $350/acre. We did take it to a lawyer and he made some changes and was the one who increased the amount for the extension. In the last month we have had multiple calls wanting to lease and buy. We always say no to buying and they are usually nice about to.

This was Scurry county.

It has been a year since anyone posted on this thread. Hope this prompts a reply.

I’ve been told Kinder Morgan wants to put together a new 10,000 to 20,000 acre block. So if true, I would assume several folks out there have recently received lease offers.

FYI: We were offered $250, with 18.75%, for a 5 yr lease on minerals in Section 181, Block 3. I’ve declined those terms. Trying to learn what the fair market is today. Does anyone have an opinion? Thanks in advance

I am new to this forum and seeking more knowledge on this issue. I received a leasing offer For Section 180 Block 3 but I have minimal land .60 acre. The offer was $250 per acre but since I don’t have 1 acre the offer is $150 w / Royalty 3/16th and 5 yr lease. Is this offer fair? Thanks in advance…

Scurry County Section 180/Block 3/A-565

You don’t have much bargaining power with less than 1 acre…I would accept the $150 but I would counter offer for 20% royalty and for only 3 years…DEFINITELY STAY WITH THE 20% ROYALTY(and as Buddy Cotten always says ‘Negotiate Negotiate, Negotiate’) This area is in the Kinder Morgan Sacroc Unit area/Kelly-Snyder Field

GIS map of Scurry County Section 180/Block 3/A-565 and surrounding area:

LEFT CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Thank you very much for your advice… I also contacted a friend of mine whom I a retired Lamdman and he said the exact same thing you said…Your help is greatly appropriated

I have been a landman for more than 40 years and have over 300 mineral properties in 8 different states. Don’t let someone tell you that you do not have any negotiation powers because you have a small interest. Sit and wait can be a very good strategy.

1 Like

It can, but the new laws on co-tenancy are pretty ridiculous and a large operator can proceed without you and not pay you until the well pays out, then AFE you to death.

Please explain “then AFE you to death”. New here and I do not know the acronym. Thank you.

I am a owner in scurry county and trying currently to understand some of what might be going on. I have new leases with Osage.