Roosevelt County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone have information about; How long does an Oil Company have to issue a Division Order after a well is producing.??

thx,

Dick

Richard, what section is your StatOil well in? We had a lease with them in 28/56 and they aren’t renewing it.

Sheralyn:

Don’t get anxious just because the current lessee opts not to lease. Time will most likely be on the side of the mineral owner and additional offers should begin to occur after lease expiration. I am in the same boat to the East of your area but history tells that the waiting game will pay off in the long run. Good luck.

Richard; it seems to be 3-6 months after producing; my Continental well just reported initial production on 21 days and I got my Division Order last week and should get a check in early March; all of mine has been about 3 months, but others have reported up to 6 months and I know we have some people with clouded titles including doing a probate from my deceased aunt, than her daughter now deceased, and a split among kids; that will be a headache even tho a “small estate” , which in Montana means less than $50,000.

I am trying to find out if anyone is leasing mineral rights in McCone county right now. These are located 6 miles out of Wolf Point heading to Vida. Please let me know. Thank You, Cindy Dahlquist

We have a Statoil Horizontal Well on 28N-56E, S25 to S36… The original lease was with Continental, however Statoil has leased from Continental (or so we presume)… This well has been producing since Feb 28 2013 (per the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Data)… We have had lots of problems communication with Statoil Division Order Department, response to phone calls do not happen.! E-Mail gets a ‘blanket’ notice that the Division Order is in process (since early December.!!)…

Anyway, still awaiting Statoil to make a move…

Dick

My family owns mineral interest in Section 29 T29N R57E. It is now under lease to Continental expiring in December of 2014. There are horizontal wells nearby but not in our section. Does anyone know how to find anything about what is currently planned or going on there now?

John,

I don’t see any recent permits or completions near your Section but many of the proven Bakken Players have staked wells in the vicinity. Geologically, your section is on the upthrown side of the Brockton Fault and the activity has been on the deeper downthrown side of the fault where the quality of the oil may be higher. Tests don’t necessarily confirm this, however. I notice that the big players are gradually moving west from the NE corner of Roosevelt on the upthrown side towards your area.

CRI may ask for an extension later in the year if the area is in its plans so be patient and check the activity when the lease expires. I would avoid granting a top lease so you could pick the best operator if the lease expires.

MR. WIX,

your well made 61K BO in 8 months but made more water than oil. Also the GOR (gas to oil ratio) was rising over the 8 months indicating a pressure differential problem. With 31 frac stages, Statoil has much bigger problems with the well physically and perhaps externally than producing and marketing the oil. Continental has also shut in the well to the east after one month and is producing a high water cut in the next well east. The oil is certainly there so you can be sure that the operators are trying their best to figure out how to get it out economically. These wells are on the leading edge of Middle Bakken development pushing west. I can only guess what problems they are working out but have confidence that they will eventually produce oil from the area in large amounts.

Give them a year and in the meantime confirm your title and if you have the opportunity, enhance your holdings.

Joanne,

Thank you so much. This is a great help to me . Best regard’s Jeffrey

As of 03-25-2014… Statoil has not issued a Division Order for Christopher 25-36 H well, producing since 02-2013 (per MT B ofOil & Gas Data Online)…

It appears production has stopped or is not reporting since 11-2013… Several phone calls and e-mails to Statoilhave not gotten any responses…

Does anyone else have a response problem with StatOil.??

Richard L. Wix

Gary,

Christopher 25-36H Well (by Statoil) is on Sections 25 and 36 of Township 28N Range 56E…

Dick

Mr, Wilson–I just looked up that area, and no activity. http://www.bogc.dnrc.mt.gov:4899/website/mtcbm/viewer.htm

I pasted the link for you.

Howdy all I was looking into a Oil & gas Lease in Township 30N, Range 50E section 09 & 10. To find out if any might know of activity in the area. My lease was signed in 5 of 2012 and have not heard a thing from Houck Energy Resource’s! Any thought would be helpful.

Just wondering if anyone has recently received any lease offers. Should be lots of leases either expired or about to expire.

Update on Nelson 27-22…Statoil said the Brigham/Statoil merge has them behind, the Nelson will be processed in June and DOs sent out. As you may know, Statoil has requested to drill 4 more wells on that spacing unit! IP was just over 1,000 bbl so may be an excellent well!

Just wondering if anyone in the Roosevelt County area is receiving any lease offers on expired leases. Currently, many leases should be either expired or in the process of renewal. I am currently expired as of June and it appears that currently all is quiet in this area. Thanks for any info that can be provided for me and others on this board.

Thanks for the update Dctex99. $1500/acre seems to be the going bonus in the area (only if the area is somewhat surrounded by good wells). My thinking is that areas near the ND border, such as mine, where no recent production exists, would lease for $1000/acre, possibly $1200/acre. I’ve noticed that Continental and XTO have drilling permits in T30N;R58E areas, which have existed for quite some time. These permits are close to my area. Will keep an eye on these permits in hopes they finally drill over the next few months.

We just leased a good piece of section 26,t27n-R57E for $1500 an acre but it is surrounded by better than average wells. The 3,000 acres of the McCann estate is partly up and Statoill had drawn a line and said they were not interested!! That land is just south of the Hawkins 29-32 which is an early Statoil well that is doing just OK. Still no second wells on any pads in that beter then average area!!

Hello, my parcel is:

Township 29 North Range 52 East

Section 29: NE1/4, SW 1/4

Section 30: SE 1/4

Roosevelt County, Montana

Any updates on production or seismic testing in this area? Thanks so much.