Roosevelt County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Gary:

Not really understanding your question…“move a lateral”. Could you clarify this statement further. Sounds like we are nearly neighbors as my minerals are located in 30N;R58E. No wells on the area but it stays leased and hoping to eventually see some development.

Gary, they did not “move” the lateral. Likely the operator plugged the Bakken wellbore and drilled deeper and recompleted in the Three Forks. I think the odds are good that they will get back to the bakken eventually. I would just consider what you get from the TF to be in addition to what you will eventually get from the Bakken.

Just received an offer from Fort Worth a couple days ago. $150.00 an acre.

Can’t remember tne location off hand

TO ALL ROOSEVELT COUNTY MINERAL OWNERS:

Numerous leases will be expiring this year and next in the Roosevelt County area. If you receive an offer to lease, it would be helpful to others on this site to post the bonus and %royalty offered along with the location of your minerals. This will help prevent some companies from “low-balling” us since some have not leased since 2008 - 2009 and much has changed during that time period.

James,

See Friend note.

Fort Worth is taking some leases at a lot more/acre but I haven’t seen them drill anything. They permitted a well to 1000’. That won’t test much geology.

Gary Hutchinson

James:

Don’t know much about Ft Worth Operating but not knowing the location, T/

James:

Don’t know much about Ft Worth Operating but no knowing the location, T/R/S; it is hard to determine if $150/acre is good or bad.

Wondering if anyone is aware of companies seeking leases in the east poplar area. My 84 yr old mother got a call recently but because her memory is failing she cannot recall who it was that contacted her. I have checked with Nautilus & Fort Worth. Thanks, Tom

Doug,

I would hold Valley 31N-42E very dear for the near term. Maybe even attract a good operator if you have “decent” contiguous acreage there. Be careful who you deal with. The rest of your acreage will have to wait for something major to come to you. Positively consider large seismic shoots if you have a chance. Good geologic conditions in Roosevelt but west Valley is getting into a different geologic province.

Gary Hutchinson

Tom:

What is the township, range of these minerals?

Gary,

we have a decent amount of acres in / around 27n 46e + 26n 46e and then a lot in Valley County 27n 40 e + 28n 40e + 24n 3e + 31n 42e + 26n 38e etc etc. . any leasing going on in vicinity?

Thanks for any input ! You seem to have a great handle on what is going on out there. .

Doug Miller

Does any one have the telephone numbers for Forth Worth or Nautilus?

thanks Gary. . only 1/2 a section there. . overall I think we hope to have quite a bit more but scattered around a bit. .thanks! we are doing some title on it all now … so will know more soon!

Has anyone heard of Mountain View Energy? If so, is this company actively drilling in the Eastern MT area?

one sixteenth royalty doesn’t seem competitive

Gary Hutchinson

Recently received lease offer on Tn27,Rg58E, sec29 from oasis oil. Bonus money of 1,000.00 an acre and 1/16 royalty for three years. Is this a reasonable offer?

Charles:

Looking at the GIS map, you have drilling permits next to your area and an active well also (good production). I think since the area is active, you should be able to get more bonus and more royalty %. The three years is good. Take your time, shop around and get your best negotiations.

Harvey:

You need to contact Gary Hutchinson at 303-279-4113. He knows this Eastern MT area very well and I’m sure he can give some valuable advice. I have minerals to the East of yours which will be expiring next year. Good luck.

New to the group . Is there any Leasing activity in North West Roosevelt County ? T30n,46e ,

Have 1100 acres in t32 r51e. Is there any activity in this area? Last lease expired 2 years ago.

Robert:

Looking at the GIS map, no recent activity observed in the area. Several old plugged wells exists probably dating back years ago. If you want some additional info from an expert in the area, I would advise that you contact Mr Gary Hutchinson at 303-279-4113. Mr Hutchinson is very knowledgeable in regards to the various formations that one day could be developed.