Reeves County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I say Beware the Ides of September because like in 1986, many newly formed exploration companies…especially concentrated on developing the

Delaware basin…are highly leveraged, operating on borrowed capital based on reserve estimates still in the ground. In '86 the price of oil

dropped from $75/bbl to $5/bbl overnight on news from OPEC. There

are checks in place now, but if Israel abruptly preemptively attacks Iran’s

nuclear and ICBM development programs, the instability it will cause

in the world energy market could cause a replay of the oil price collapse

of 1986. People working for the oil and gas exploration companies are

just as highly leveraged. They OWN nothing outright. It’s all mortgaged to the hilt…so, if the banking industry suddenly had to call in all the capital loans to the startup oil and gas exploration companies…EVERYONE would suddenly lose their jobs…and couldn’t

pay their mortgages on anything.

My old acquaintance, Clayton Williams, was caught in the crunch of '86

like everyone else…and nearly went under. I think Clayton sold off his

assets for 7.5 Billion at the end of last year because he sees the same pattern developing…and he isn’t going to be operating on borrowed money. If the oil and gas sector of our economy shells out like it did in

1986, Clayton Williams will be in a great position to continue exploration

in Reeves and Culberson counties…and wait for the prices to rebound.

IF Israel precipitates such an oil and gas sector collapse…they’ll do it

near the end of September. Hang on to your surface and mineral rights

and watch what develops.

Beware the Ides of September…

Thanks for your analysis on WTI Crude. I would also add that Saudi Arabia is working the price of oil as best they can towards a higher price due to the near future IPO of their oil company. That will keep the price higher possibly past September since I heard the IPO of Saudi Aramco has been delayed but don’t know for how long.

Thanks to everyone on this blog for all your great comments.

Navgoat

Thanks, .

That’s a lot of pipe. It also includes a water pipe. Will let you all know how it goes.

I would also be looking for surface flow rates to increase in

Culberson county north of Kent around the Jobe Ranch HQ.

New subject: I have had several Pipeline easement requests and have accepted two (currently working through my lawyer). But a question has entered. With a couple of easements for pipelines down the western edge of my 80 acres, how much is too much when it come to pipelines???

Location Reeves; Blk C-18, Sec 4, SE/4, W/2, AB4061

Currently under a new lease holder.

Steve…could you find a plot of flow from the spring and along Limpia

Creek at Fort Davis and Cimmeron Creek at Shafter for the same period?

Lawrence,

Link below is for access to all USGS streamflow sites. Those streams/springs are not shown. It includes San Solomon Spring water level only and flow on Barrillo Draw at Saragosa.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/current/?type=flow

Steve…many thanks. The flow rates don’t tally with what I observed on Limpia Creek a few days ago. We haven’t had much rain in the area of

Fort Davis, but Limpia Creek shows increased surface flow to the eye and

many of the locals have commented on that as being unusual.

Just hide and watch…things will change and I expect that change to be

abrupt.

navgoat…about 10 ROWs wide at 30 to 50 feet wide per ROW…and get $500/rod.

A 2.8 magnitude earthquake took place at about 2:54 a.m. Monday, about 29 miles west-northwest of Marfa, according to the USGS.

The U.S. Geological Survey this week recorded an earthquake near Marfa.

The 2.8 magnitude earthquake took place at about 2:54 a.m. Monday, about 29 miles west-northwest of Marfa, according to the USGS.

There have been seven earthquakes reported near Marfa in the past year, according to earthquaketrack.com. A quake with a magnitude of 2.5 to 5.4 is “often felt, but only causes minor damage,” according to Upseis, an educational site for seismologists. There are about 30,000 quakes each year, according to the site

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

These indicate deep magma movement along faults in this area. It’s causing rising pressure on the fresh water aquifers and increased flow along Limpia Creek in the Davis mountains.

Below is a link to a plot of flow from Griffin Springs that show the flow dropping about 20% at Noon on April 17.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08427000&PARAmet…

WhiteWater begins commercial operations of Agua Blanca gas pipeline
Austin-based WhiteWater Midstream said April 11 it placed into service the Agua Blanca natural gas pipeline from Orla to the Waha hub with capacity of 1.4 billion cubic feet per day.

from PBOG Journal

////////////////////

The WAHA hub is the Duke Energy gas plants in Coyanosa on FM1776 and FM1450 Southeast of Orla about 50 miles.

Frackers preach patience to investors. “While first-quarter earnings were less than exciting, Schlumberger Ltd., the largest service provider, said it plans to profitably add about 1 million horsepower worth of rock-crushing pumps this year into North American shale. Halliburton Co., the fracking king, said it sees a return to the 20 percent profit margins last seen before the downturn. Their optimism comes as oil prices drive toward $70 a barrel in New York, a strong psychological signal of recovery, while Saudi Arabia has said it sees $80 oil in the foreseeable future. Prices at that level could loosen the leash on what explorers will pay service providers to open their wells moving forward. “I’m excited about the outlook for North America and our March exit margins clearly demonstrate our path to normalized margins,” said Jeff Miller, the Halliburton chief executive officer, on a conference call Monday after earnings were released.”

IF Apache, Primexx, Oxy, Noble Permian, and others indeed get 9,000 wells in Reeves, Loving, Ward, Pecos,and Culberson counties ready to

frack and bring on line by the end of 2018, we are talking about 900 Billion bucks to the western Permian all of the Delaware basin.

Gov. Greg Abbott joined Texas congressional leaders to request the federal government to help fund expansion of the ship channel at the Port of Corpus Christi. In a letter dated April 19 sent to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Washington, D.C., Abbott called for the corps to help fund the $327 million project to widen and deepen the ship channel so it can accommodate larger vessels carrying greater quantities of goods. “The benefit to our economic and national security is unrealized because of the bottleneck caused by ports unable to transport the very materials that promote national and energy security,” Abbott said. “Ships leaving energy-dominant ports must short fill their vessels at the refineries and facilities, then move offshore to get to capacity because bulk carriers are unable to pass through Texas channels without dragging. Investing in our waterways will help the U.S. to lead the way in energy dominance and strengthen our national and economic security.”
Sean Strawbridge, CEO of the Port of Corpus Christi, said the port handles more than 60 percent of U.S. domestic crude oil exports. “Texas is home to three of the top six ports in the country by tonnage, and the Port of Corpus Christi is the country’s leading energy port… Continued support and funding will be necessary to maximize our full potential.”
Strawbridge said the port hopes to complete the expansion by 2021. The Corpus Christi Caller Times said the port has committed $102 million for the project.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This will make Texas’ Corpus Christi port the premier LNG (liquified natural gas) export hub for the USA and bring in lots of revenue to the USA from the rest of the world.

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invi…

Dunno anything about these shindigs. Might be worthwhile, might be a waste of time and money. Anyone on the forum with experience with

this?

Lawrence- I am the President of the Texas Chapter this year. Definitely one of the most cost effective seminars for royalty owners with a good lineup of topics. Maybe not as heavy on geology, as is your expertise. Click on the attachment below for a list of topics and speakers.

Thank you, Wade. If you’re associated with it, then I KNOW it’s worthwhile.

Cynthia Simonds…that didn’t answer any of my questions about the NARO

Texas convention. Do you know the answers?

Wade,

I wish we were in Texas in the summertime we would pay the non member fee and attend. Ken and I could learn a lot on behalf of the family.